No announcement yet.

CITR Gym Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yer eat better and hit the gym 6 times a week!
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

holiday seasons taken its toll on me haha, peaked at 89kg the other week! Sadly the results of too much damn food and too little time to hit the gym haha.
      I'm around 175cm, gone back down to 87kg this week. I'm normally around 85 but aiming to get to and stabilise 80-83kg
      Last edited by epdrew; 15-01-14, 06:53 PM.
      www.flickr.com/andhey
      http://ohitsandy.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Anyone here into powerlifting?

Comment

Originally posted by Kin View Post
          180cm and 66kg O.o
          If you don't exercise, you cannot promote growth! As a hard gainer, I accept that I will never be built like the hulk. But I can be strong. Somedays I work volume (light weights, greater sets) and others heavy (heavy weights, less sets)

I'm 177 cm @ 70 kg. Last year I was 65Kg. The biggest change that worked for me is that I started lifting heavy weights and focused on more challenging body weight exercises (clap pushups / weighted chinups) and Sprints.

Focus on compound exercises - bench / squat / dead lift / leg press. Best bang for buck for me was the dumbbell bench press - it was a great indicator for strength improvement and it really makes you focus on the stablising muscles.

Sprints - great for focusing on explosive power, and working on the legs, a good way to promote the release of growth hormone

Clap pushups / weights chinups - Explosive Calisthenics allows for the body to really sort itself out. It's sort of like bringing together the gym work and making it all functional.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            So for the same dollar amount compared to supplement warehouse, I get all these free extras and paying for it is a cinch using the ebay app with paypal!
            Link to item/seller please?
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Has anyone tried those scales that somehow read your fat percentage?
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

i tried it once.. friends say it is very inaccurate.. but my ticket said 12% fat ahahha.. well that's cos im anorexic

Comment

i use a set of those scales, i dont trust the actual figures, but do trust the difference between weigh ins
                  Just like a dyno lol

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    Has anyone tried those scales that somehow read your fat percentage?
                    I have a beurer (german) one. it takes into acct ur age, height and the level of physical activity and gives weight, bf%, calorie intake, bone mass, muscle%, water%. Obviously it isnt as accurate as a caliper or water tank method but its pretty good if u set it up and use it right. Do it in the morning as u wake up on an empty stomach after u go to the toilet as this is when ur body is lightest and driest. The being dry part is important as it works through electrical currents and obviously if u have sweat (even molecules that u cant see) the body will conduct more than what it should and affect the reading.
                    Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                    Flickr
                    my car blog - Have a read
                    my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

first week back at gym after a month...lost strength, tried losing fat but put it back on. am i eating incorrectly?
                      how does one put on muscle weight most effectively?
                      Project TOPLESS

Comment

Train hard and eat right!
                        sigpic
                        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

How's everyone's training going?

I've been going to the gym approx 3 times/week.. feels so good!
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Gym.. what gym..
                            Change your eating habits around
                            Drink more water.
                            Daily walk of 45 minutes to an hour and you'll lose weight consistently without needing the gym.

Comment

Finally started going to the gym again, dearly missed the pain from leg day.

Comment

I have a nice program for anyone who wants to try something new. This is a program that will test your fitness form and get the pulse up!

1. Warmup, can't stretch that enough!

2. 50 reps toe-to-bar (starting point hang like you are doing a chin, flip up the body so the toes touches the bar with straight legs)
                                As a beginner, try to do 5-6 per minute. This exercise will be timed!

3. 10x3 Pushups on a pilatesball and wall bar, if you want to go to the extreme, one pilates ball on your feet and one for the arms

4. 40 reps Hang Clean (timed exercise) (find a weight that suits you)

5. 50 squats with bar and weights (timed exercise) (find a weight that suits you and be careful) Beginner tip: Use a bench, when your butt touches it, push up and repeat)

6. 3x3 Handstanding pushup

7. Hanging piké (in a dipstand, legs straight out, upper body and arms straight) 30sek x 3

8. 40 dips (timed exercise)

Done! don't forget to stretch
                                Last edited by raseri; 13-03-14, 07:21 AM.
                                Team SunWorks

Tracktoy: Honda Integra Type R '99
                                Summer toy: Honda S2000 AP1 '01
                                Daily: Audi A6 2.0 TDi Quattro S-line '18

Comment

Working...
                                X