• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
    Never heard of APIA...
    Clearly APIA's banner on this website is getting no attention! lol

Comment

Insurance

Hey Eltrix, call up Shannon's, I'm 21 and got insured by them for my dc2r.

Explain to them your passion towards your car, you're apart of a forum club, you partipate in car club events.

I only mentioned being registered as apart of type R club on here, they didn't even know what that was and offered me insurance.

From Melbourne btw, they'll give you a market value initially but if you book to get your car sighted you can get it insured for more at a higher premium.

Age 21, DC2R insured for 16k with premium at $1800.00

Goodluck!

Comment

I'm 19... reckon that could work for me? Fucking hate AAMI. They're mostly useless pratts.

Comment

Well when I first got my insurance I was 20, I only just turned 21 last month, sorry I should've clarified that. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try? Pretty much they are willing to insure a genuine enthusiast, not to mention I provided a clean accident/driving infringement history!

Comment

Thats maaad. I'll give them a ring.... But because I'm already signed up with Just Car.... What am I having to pay if i cancel with them? Any idea?? I'll call them Monday but if you have an idea be good to know first hand.
            Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Firstly they'll try to keep you, offer you something like a discount maybe, then when you say No they'll just tell you whats happening and a check will be sent out to you for the remainder of your premium. As far as I know there's no extra fees.

Comment

Sweet as, I'm actually paying month by month so I wont have to wait ages to receive a large sump payment.
                Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Re: Insurance

Another option would be to keep price matching between two companies like sgic. There are times when they won't even ask for a reference quote and will go 10% lower
                  Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
                    Thats maaad. I'll give them a ring.... But because I'm already signed up with Just Car.... What am I having to pay if i cancel with them? Any idea?? I'll call them Monday but if you have an idea be good to know first hand.
                    Think you have 2 weeks? or something as a cool off period if you've only just signed. even if it is after that you can cancel your policy anytime and you get refunded pro rata (if you paid up front).

Comment

Working...
                    X