Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance

Hey guys, been looking around insurances and was wondering what insurance company are you with? Especially if you tick that [no] mods box, what would happen in the event of an accident?
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

I'm with Shannons. I dont understand why you would tick no mods if you have them.

I'm going to hazard a guess they will void your insurance if they deem that the modifictaions on your car caused the accident and/or void your insurance because you lied about the mods and signed off saying you didnt have any when you did.

Comment

Also with Shannons

Originally posted by Kin View Post
      I'm going to hazard a guess they will void your insurance if they deem that the modifictaions on your car caused the accident and/or void your insurance because you lied about the mods and signed off saying you didnt have any when you did.
      Yes, why would you withhold information to your insurance company??
      This may come back to bite you HARD if you are ever involved in an accident. Even if you are not at fault, the insurance company may not pay the full or some of the amount.
      Best to be up-front and tell all.

Comment

I'm with Shannons. I dont understand why you would tick no mods if you have them.

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
        Also with Shannons

Yes, why would you withhold information to your insurance company??
        This may come back to bite you HARD if you are ever involved in an accident. Even if you are not at fault, the insurance company may not pay the full or some of the amount.
        Best to be up-front and tell all.
        Yeah that's what I was thinking also. I personally haven't done this but I know of some people who went that way so their premium is much lower. So was just wondering if anyone else has done it here.
        Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

Comment

Insurance companies are one entity I would never lie to. They will find any excuse to not pay you out and lying in your policy is gifting them your annual premium.

I for one cannot understand how one can afford to modify their car but cant pay an extra hundred/few hundred dollars for their insurance premium.

Comment

I for one cannot understand how one can afford to modify their car but cant pay an extra hundred/few hundred dollars for their insurance premium.
            exactly - should be the end of this thread...
            ... retired/

Comment

To add im with NRMA. They cover any legal mod. And you dont state them. havent had any problems with them in the past!
              sigpic
              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Currently with Just Car Insurance myself until I reach the age of 25 to move onto shannons

Comment

APIA gave a good deal staking the R under mum's name. Over 55 required
                  Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                    APIA gave a good deal staking the R under mum's name. Over 55 required
                    Also needs to be retired / no longer working full time. I know because my car was insured under APIA at roughly $1,200 p.a under my mothers name.
                    From my research, APIA quoted the cheapest policy as well as valuing the highest Market Value. There is currently no insurance under my car as I had it cancelled this week.

Regards the modifications being listed or not, taken from a family member who has worked in the Insurance industry for several years, the modifications may void an insurance claim if the assessor deems so - so it comes down to the person valuating the 'crash'. On the flip side, not all assessors are familiar with every aftermarket modification that is done to your car.
                    i.e. Mugen intake box may pass as stock given it looks like a stock air box.

Just to clarify (or state the obvious) not listing a modification under your policy will mean your modifications are not insured.
                    Such as not listing you have $3,000 aftermarket wheels, if they get stolen, you're unable to make a claim against them as they're not on the policy.

Comment

Never heard of APIA... maybe I should do that for my car... thoough she doesnt even have a driver's license LOL

Comment

Haha there's your problem eLtrix. Momma bear needs a license. It's good for seniors. I'm paying under 1k for mine. That's the only place that went under 1 for insurance with me as a listed.
                        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

+1 Shannons - and don't lie to insurance companies. You're just making it easy for them.
                          1988 CRX
                          1999 Integra Type R
                          2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Shannons but they only insure people over 25 which sucks. In nsw theres nrma but you guys down in melbourne dont have them
                            sigpic

Comment

AAMI, from when the car was new, all mods included. 1k

Comment

Working...
                              X