No announcement yet.

Nerf guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I'm also thinking of a ghillie wrap!

Just need to find an old sandbag - the synthetic type - and use that to catch the overspray whilst I'm doing the rifle...no wasted paint!
    Last edited by Apu; 04-01-13, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Nerf guns

Ghillie would be cool!
      Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
      http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Re: Nerf guns

I was into nerf before, but sold all my guns except my maverick. Get a maverick... cheap, easy to mod, multiple ammo, makes for a good secondary gun during wars.

Comment

So I went to Spotlight today, bought a mix of acrylic / poly yarn, then headed to BCF to buy a fishing net...they're banned!

Dammit! So i'm scrounging around for the net bags that oranges come in to tie the yarn to. Makes it a lot harder to tie since the holes are so small.

Comment

Started the camo paint job today. I couldn't find an easy source to Krylon paints so ended up buying Tamiya paint...damn they're expensive! Going woodland theme - base coat in olive drab done, now working on the brown and black.

The hard part will be the ghillie...

Comment

Nerf guns

Subscribed, most exciting thread on club itr atm
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

So here's a few pics of progress...

Don't know what the Nerf gun model is but it's the clear one. I just found out that my son doesn't really care for this gun...he was prepared to "waste it" in case I buggered it up. Little bugger obviously had a lot of faith in me...

So, olive drab base coat, then I cut reverse stencils on masking tape laid on baking paper (so they remove easily), sprayed brown patches first, then overlaid with black. If you are careful, you can re-use some of the stencils. Once completed, I dusted over the entire gun with the remaining green, black and brown sprays just to blend the colours in.

He's all fired up now...I'm just dreading having to do a digitised camo job.

I'm more interested in modding the guns for greater accuracy. I've looked through a couple of YouTube videos, but for those of you who have modified your guns, where did you get the springs from?

I've got ducks coming into my pool for a swim so I'd like to shoot some Nerf darts at them to scare them off since the dog can't get into the pool area...plus he doesn't swim so the ducks don't care.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nerf guns

Looks good dude. I think you can get the springs from eBay but have no idea how good they are or the pricing. I have not searched for them properly yet
                  Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

You can get really good kits here but they're a bit pricey.

http://www.orangemodworks.com/

The model above is the Recon.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys!

The kits aren't that expensive...about US$10 each plus postage? Might do the Longstrike and Recon, haha!

Anyone else interested? Group buy? Haha!

Comment

Nerf guns

That looks great Bryan. Nice work. This is getting interesting lol
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nerf guns

Get a club Itr team going

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Haha! Not sure I can keep up with you young guys! I'll send my son instead...and he has the benefit of being a small target!

Working on the ghillie now - just a scarf sized one to throw over his head and shoulders.

Comment

Nerf guns

I'm hardly young lol. Post pics when u have it

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

I've just ordered the upgrade kits for the Recon and Longstrike! :b

Comment

Working...
                                X