Honda National 2012 ** Plans, ideas & discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda National 2012 ** Plans, ideas & discussion

Due to the success of Honda Nationals 2011, we are pushing forward with Honda Nationals 2012! The goal is to make it bigger and better than 2011!

Honda Nationals 2012 will be held at Wakefield Park again. Due to the high demand at Wakefield Park, weekends has been booked out since mid last year. We are planning to do the same format as last year, having it on a Monday. The dates for this year is mid/late June or mid/late October. Personally, i would push for mid June

Honda Nationals 2012 will be broken into 2 days. On the Sunday, we will organise a Honda meet-up at the workshop (Wetheril Park). It will give everyone a good chance to check over there cars and give organisers time to hand out stickers and scruitineer the cars prior to the trackday on Monday. The idea is to also give interstate guys a chance to check out each others car. We will have DJ's, BBQ and the dyno running on the day as well!

Let me know what you guys think. This thread is open to idea's and suggestion. I will be placing a booking for Wakefield Park within 2 weeks. Have your say!
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
    STREET - TRACK - DRAG

the sunday thing is a damn good idea! Sounds great mate. Would the sunday be restricted to participating members of Honda Nationals only?

Looks like I have 6 months to get the car ready for this !!
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Comment

Sounds like a great idea Benny.

Comment

i understand alot of people like Wakefield but have you looked into Winton at all ?
        Im not fussed as i'll make the drive up this year but im just curious to know that's all.

Comment

Good to hear the plans are in progress!
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Id up for the drive up from Vic, ill have my license too however i have VCE mid year exams and end of years around that time, hopefully it works out :P
            1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
            1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
            F1 Nut

Comment

2 days will work out very well I reckon, let's those who drive up instead of tow get settled in.

Comment

Sunday will be open to ALL Honda's. Its a great way to showcase the diversity of Honda's amongst the community.

At this stage, Wakefield is the track where we know we are going to get 50-60 Honda's. In the near future, Winton is definately on the schedule depending on numbers
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Id prefer october, the sunday meet is a good way for all honda boys to meet in a relaxed atmosphere.. Gonna tune any cars om
                  The day benny ;p
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

June is a bad idea since most uni students will be having exams..but July would be great. Early Oct (similar to last time would work as well)..Like the 2 day thing.
                    Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                    Flickr
                    my car blog - Have a read
                    my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

^ Only avaliable slots at Wakefield this year are in June or October.

I like the idea before WTAC, hopefully we can encourage some of the WTAC honda entrants to enter.

Comment

Sounds good gives me time to purchase a car!
                        Respect the boobaa

Do you have a track hack to sell me?

Comment

Depending on if the Civic is ready in time for June, I may make the trip up to Wakefield Park. If it was in October, I'm 95% sure I would have the car running in some form.

For the Monday, what is the format for track time?
                          Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                          Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                          Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                          Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Sounds good to me
                            Should be okay and down for this ^^

Comment

Cant wait Shifty mods in progress...

Comment

Working...
                              X