No announcement yet.

New to Club ITR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh so you have the 1.8L SOHC 8V... my Ibiza had a 2L SOHC 8V. Its still getting around Brisbane, its black with a tan leather interor. Was planning on buying a Seat Ibiza Cupra (2L DOHC 16v, ABF) before the Teg... but all it took was one drive.

Where the old 2E Golf engine starts to bounch off red line (5,000RPM)... the fun is only starting in a Type R

Comment

haha this is true Although redline in the mk2 is a smidge past 6000rpm lol, No point going that far, as you said the little fella is out his torque Curve by then but still great chassis for it's day and makes you smile

Comment

Also while i'm on, I just thought id ask how much harder/expensive are parts to get for ep3s? I have a real soft spot for them having only ever owned hatches. Is there any differences in reliability between ep3 and dc5 as Ive heard some parts are interchangeable umongst them. And being an import are they shunned away by Honda dealers in Australia when chasing parts or maintainance?

Comment

Hi and welcome. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The fact that the owners are meticulous should make you content spending extra then you anticipated I think. And besides that, we all know the DC2R is better than the DC5R and people wouldn't think about spending less than $20k for one of them..

lol -- flame on hahaa.. Jokes aside, look at what you are getting for the money.. Its still very good value imo, there is no car on the market that I can compare my car to, the raw nature is great.

If you intend on modifying I would try and pick something up with basic mods as you will save money long term.. I/H/E would be a good start and you might even find some with GOOD coilovers (not shit ones that are worse than the good stock item)..

Good Luck -- And with regards to parts, I buy nearly all my parts from OS anyhow so I don't think it'd be an issue really.. Shipping is around 7-9 days delivered from states generally, not the weeks it once was. Main reason is generally parts are cheaper OS.

again, best of luck and welcome!

Comment

Very wise words thanks Mate. from what I have heard from reading through the forum and friends who own type r's they are worth every cent. The thing that might shock is that I hope to find a stock one and keep mods to a minimum If any. Gues I won't know till I find one lol

Comment

Working...
            X