Introduction thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction thread.

Hey guys, i'm from Sydney, I currently owned jap spec N14 SSS. It's got a full exhaust system, CAI and other bits and pieces. After waiting to get my full license to buy something turbo and RWD, I called the RTA and they told me I won't be eligible till next June. So I thought fuck it, I'm going to sell the pulsar and buy a DC5R. After thinking for a while, I'm leaning towards to DC2R due to it being a bit cheaper and also the fact they it won't depreciate a whole lot more before I get my full license.

I'm here to learn as much as I can before I buy a DC2R. I've run my SSS down the track when it was stock and it ran a 16.2 with a 2.6" 60 footer (I know). I'm going back this Wednesday for a final run before I sell it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a stock DC2R runs a mid 14 sec quarter mile time?

I'm not looking to modify the DC2R, which is why I'm looking for one which is as standard as possible as in no exhaust, stock intake. A few handling mods would be nice though. Is there anything I should look for when buying a DC2R?

Cheers.

Hey mate, Welcome to CITR!

Stock DC2R's should be able to hit mid 14 - 15 secs down the 1/4.

Finding a decent/clean non-modified DC2R will be very hard these days as it is a 8-10 year old car now.
    When buying there are a couple of common problems to look for, check for any oil leaks on the engine, check for any clutch fluid on the clutch pedal inside the cabin, and check for any smoke coming out of the exhaust during VTEC. White smoke = burning coolant, black smoke = burning excess fuel, white smoke with blue tinge = burning oil (not good).

Otherwise just do the usual REVS checks to make sure the car hasn't been in an accident/no finance owing and it should be all good.

Comment

WElcome....~!
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

You want a RWD turbo car but you can't have it so you go in the most opposite direction you could possibley go? Weird....

Why not get one of those N/A S15's or something, there about the same price as a DC2R and its more in the direction you want to go.

Then you can practice those hectic drifts bro!
        Last edited by DC2R; 27-07-09, 04:45 AM.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by justinfox
        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Nah, non turbo S15? I've only ever driven FWDs. You know of another car that has potential and power of a DC2R without a turbo and in RWD config?

Comment

Originally posted by eli View Post
            Nah, non turbo S15? I've only ever driven FWDs. You know of another car that has potential and power of a DC2R without a turbo and in RWD config?
            Vx Calais!

Comment

the dc2rs are getting old now, so be sure to check the service history,
              few things to look at and get done are;
              timing belts
              tappets adjusted
              new clutches
              brakes
              tyres
              cats
              Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by eli View Post
                there is a few

NA s15 (convertable hardtop varietta!!!)
                NA s13
                toyota ae86 sprinter/ levin/trueno
                mazda mx5
                toyota supra
                NA r31,r32, r33, r34 skylines
                350z
                s2000

All of these have plenty of tuning potential ie suspension, bolt on parts, knowledge on how to extract the most out of them.

I guess the most important thing to think about it, how long are you planning on keeping it for? You will obviously lose money changing cars a year down the road, so maybe keep what you have and save your $$$ for when there is no license restrictions on you

imo.. if you are planning on getting into the whole drifting scene, buy an absalute pig to start with. You will hit that many ripple strips/ gutters/ poles/ tyre walls/ trees/ fence posts/ parked cars that it really isnt worth honing your mad skillz in a clean car.
                It is also hard on the engine and drive train. so stick to cars with lots of parts floating around and spare engines.
                Last edited by mattyd; 27-07-09, 11:20 AM.
                skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Originally posted by mattyd View Post
                  there is a few

NA s15 (convertable hardtop varietta!!!)
                  NA s13
                  toyota ae86 sprinter/ levin/trueno
                  mazda mx5
                  toyota supra
                  NA r31,r32, r33, r34 skylines
                  350z
                  s2000

All of these have plenty of tuning potential ie suspension, bolt on parts, knowledge on how to extract the most out of them.

I guess the most important thing to think about it, how long are you planning on keeping it for? You will obviously lose money changing cars a year down the road, so maybe keep what you have and save your $$$ for when there is no license restrictions on you

imo.. if you are planning on getting into the whole drifting scene, buy an absalute pig to start with. You will hit that many ripple strips/ gutters/ poles/ tyre walls/ trees/ fence posts/ parked cars that it really isnt worth honing your mad skillz in a clean car.
                  It is also hard on the engine and drive train. so stick to cars with lots of parts floating around and spare engines.
                  N/A S15 is most like the DC2R in terms of being N/A - Power and Price.

Quote:
                  You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

if u want a rwd turbo car ur better off getting something rwd now because ull most likely crash when u have the extra power and not used to going side ways. But in terms of getting a dc2r, a stock one is all you need, u have to spend big dollars on them before they get any better than what they already are and even then they might only be slightly better. Your better off not getting any handling mods either, honda spend big dollars engineering their cars and then some kid in his garage thinks he's a better engineer than mr honda and modifies it.

Ive found this web site very informative, should tel you everything you need to know. there are also a few very good BEST MOTORING dvds that feature dc2r's, they are worth getting a hold of, taught me heaps.

http://www.itrsport.com/index.html

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

after owning dc5s, dc5r, and dc2r and a nissan silvia autech.. id say go rwd non turbo now cause if ur planning on going that way in the future.. its gona take alot of adjusting..

haha when i first got my autech i was all over the road !! dc2r/dc5r might of been faster.. but they cannot powerslide

Comment

Originally posted by DC:53:XX View Post
                        dc2r/dc5r might of been faster.. but they cannot powerslide

Maybe you couldnt powerslide yours haha

Quote:

Comment

lol im talking controled continious sliding.. not getting good speed then hooking the car till rear looses traction then having to gain speed speed again to do it again..

or maby ur talking about under steering?? which is a pretty embarrasing to brag about doing.. each to their own..

Comment

powersliding or understeering, both embarassing if you hit into a wall =[
                            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

What are you sure 350z is legal for p's? Is that in NSW or VIC?

Comment

Working...
                              X