Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New-ish member, with new JDM front DC2-R

Hey guys, for some reason I feel I should make a brief introduction here

I joined this forum not too long ago when I was hunting for a DC2-R and now i've finally got one Previously I had a DC2 VTI-R for about a year and just recently sold it. I'm still a uni student and do the occasional graphic design work, photography, slides scanning, etc and saved, saved saved and now finally i'm a proud owner of a MR JDM front DC2-R. The car I purchased was tofu r's and I must say what a great guy he was, patiently waited while I gathered enough funds to purchase the car.

The car puts a smile on my face every time I walk into the garage. Driving it is a whole other story While the car still has some goodies when tofu r sold it, I plan to build it up again starting with bolt ons - headers, exhaust, cams and hopefully in the not too distant future, quad throttles.

Here's a pic of the engine bay a friend of mine took(my hands were dirty) with my camera. I just put in new NGK leads, strut bar and a Pivot volt stabilizer.

That's all for now I guess. Hopefully when the weather clears up and exams are over i'll be able to take more shots of the car
    Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Welcome to the forums.
    Nice car you got there. tofuR looked after it well.

Coming to the Bathurst cruise?
    happyhong says:
    aus only have 3 r
    happyhong says:
    civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Nice car you picked up there

Comment

Thanks guys, the car really is in exceptional condition. I consider myself very lucky to have bought it off him. I think tofu r is still getting over selling the car. Don't worry bro, i'm taking real good care of her!

I'd really love to come to the cruise and meet other fellow enthusiasts but unfortunately i'll be going back to Malaysia for my grand dad's birthday. Oh well, on the bright side i'll be shopping for lotsa car goodies to bring back with me!

TYP 88 R

Comment

hey mate, gratz on the purchase!

awesome car you have there.. take good care of her!
          g
          [ BBU66Z ]
          g
          Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Welcome bro....ur car looks neat and clean.....enjoy ur time....
            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
            1)ブレーキを踏む
            2)クラッチを切る
            3)シフトダウンしなから、
              アクセルをぶかす
            4)クラッチをつなぐ
            :blah:
            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

welcome to the forums!

you fix the gearbox issues yet?
              Last edited by tinkerbell; 17-06-07, 11:25 AM.
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by De_Cruelz View Post
                Thanks guys, the car really is in exceptional condition. I consider myself very lucky to have bought it off him. I think tofu r is still getting over selling the car. Don't worry bro, i'm taking real good care of her!

I'd really love to come to the cruise and meet other fellow enthusiasts but unfortunately i'll be going back to Malaysia for my grand dad's birthday. Oh well, on the bright side i'll be shopping for lotsa car goodies to bring back with me!
                im goin malaysia from the 29th june to the 8th july for a holiday. are parts cheap there? and where can i find stores? thanks man
                183.2KW ATW
                BUILT BY DR HONDA
                Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Thanks again for the welcome guys!

I haven't had time to fix the car up yet as my uni exam starts this Tuesday. The gearbox doesn't seem to be that big an issue now as I only drive short distances.

After my uni exams i'll head over to JDM Yard to pick up some new bushings along with other misc stuff-shift boot, gear knob and maybe oem alu pedals. I'm gonna have to look for someone to help replace the bushings though as I don't have the tools nor a jack to do it.

tinkerbell, what car do you drive? I go to Macquarie Uni and go to Epping and Eastwood for dinner quite often so I may have seen your car around not knowing it was you

TYP 88 R

Comment

welcome aboard
                    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Hey 03DC5R, there are plenty of shops around in Malaysia that sell either new or second hand performance parts cheap. Which state will you be visiting? I'll be going back to Kuala Lumpur and if you know what parts you're after just let me know and i'll try source them for you.

If you're going to KL, look around Subang Jaya, USJ, and Sunway industrial areas. Plenty of workshops and retailers around

TYP 88 R

Comment

yeh we going KL first, then going to pinang (i think thats how u spell it), thanks neway man ill go to those areas to check it out thanks mate
                        183.2KW ATW
                        BUILT BY DR HONDA
                        Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Originally posted by De_Cruelz View Post
                          tinkerbell, what car do you drive? I go to Macquarie Uni and go to Epping and Eastwood for dinner quite often so I may have seen your car around not knowing it was you
                          black Type R look-a-like... no front H and fubar front lip...

i dont drive 'around' epping much - the only place tyou will see me is on beecroft rd or epping rd... or having dinner at Pho Sam
                          ... retired/

Comment

Alrighty, i'll give ya a beep if I see you on the road!

TYP 88 R

Comment

great buy!

Welcome to ClubITR!
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                              X