Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey from sydney ! Looking for a clean dc2r Please help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The red looks so lush/deep!! Stock rims are 6.5" I personally would run a 195 on them. On a 7" wide 205 seems to be the norm but people do run 215's...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by caneye View Post
      i currently have 195/55s. i'm looking at changing all 4 tires soon so still deciding between the 205s and 195s.

when i was googling the width for dc2rs, i found that many owners in the states were running 205s on the stock rims without any issues. so in theory, it seems to be ok?

could you elaborate more on the "weird" feeling - noise? feel?
      The weird feeling was, when i was having a fun time around the twisties in adelaide, it felt as if there was a delayed response with the car, dont get me wrong, it felt great, but i ended up running 50 psi in them....yes very stupid, but thats when i felt comfortable, i just feel the 195's feel a little more nimble and sharper, if that even makes sense.

Comment

The 195's are as you described them.. The 205's will just take a little getting used too.. Stock pressures for the DC2R are:

Front: 240kpa
        Rear: 230kpa

Quote:
        Originally Posted by justinfox
        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
          The 195's are as you described them.. The 205's will just take a little getting used too.. Stock pressures for the DC2R are:

Front: 240kpa
          Rear: 230kpa
          Yeah, it says so near the drivers side door panel, also just spent 11 hours cleaning the car from front to back, i still havent finished haha

Comment

saw your car on the other photo thread. what's with the HWP (on the way back from SA)?

will there be a build thread soon? any plans?

Comment

I find with 205 50 15 there is to much flex in the side wall or tyre / rim etc, car looks clean

Comment

Working...
              X