Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray's DC5R HEAPS OF PICS :)

Hi Guys,

New to this site so I thought I would put up an intro and a bit of my car history.

Had a few Honda's in my time all of them modded as I cant drive anything stock lol even the family 09 CRV has had a few little things done to it I jast cant leave my cars alone

So a bit of history before I get to my type R:

In early 2007 I bought my first Honda a 2004 Accord Euro Lux it was to be the new family car as my wife was pregnant with our second baby and I felt we needed an upgrade. The car was perfect for a few years I did the system in it, coilovers, intake and euro R grille till my wife was involved in an accident So I decided I was going to get her a new car (09 CRV Lux) and I was gonna keep the euro as my new daily to replace the N14 sss i was driving lol. So after the damage was repaired I put a set of 20's on it and it looked like so:

It was perfect and I loved it till my boss decieded he didnt want his 2008 rexy anymore and offered it to me. So I sold my euro and bought the WRX.The rexxy copped coilovers, injen intake and an exhaust however due to the kays I do to and from work I decieded to get a daily and keep the rexy for weekends well that never happened. I bought my first civic a 95 EG VTI and that was the end of the wrx days lol sold the wrx pretty quick.
    I picked up the civic for $2000 and it looked something like this:

Less than a year later and she looked like this EG-000 :

Only thing left to do was the engine ( still had a sohc under the bonnet ) and my plan was to build a b20 vtec for it....But plans change very quickly with me and at the time a very good friend of mine was just finishing off his build which was an ek4 with a B20 vtec. He offered it to me to buy so I sold the EG and bought it.
    Enter EK-820.
    Looked like this when i got it:

Looked like this when I was done with it:

Spent a shit load of money on this car but it was worth it for the experience. All good things have to come to an end so after all the blood, sweat and tears that went into the car it was time to sell and settle down a bit. My wife was pregnant with our 3rd baby so it was time get a normal "stockish" carlol ( well so my wife thinks anyway ) and chill out with the car modifying for a bit. So I picked up my current ride:
    02 DC5R:

I gave the car a very good clean and detail and changed a few things lol I cant help it.
    Here is how it looks now:

Car came with the following mods:
    - 17inch Enkie RS+M
    - Zeal coilovers
    - Fujitsubo powergetter exhaust
    - Injen intake which I have modified to take a BLOX velocity stack
    I have added the following items:
    - 18inch Rays RE30
    - Spoon ETD
    - Stereo system ( double din head unit, splits up front new rear fill speakers and slim line sub and amp in the boot )
    - Window visors
    - CITR stickers ( gotta represent ) I got a CITRYO hoodie aswell

I dont have much else I would like to do other than just drive it and enjoy it lol.

However I am after a diffrent set of wheels something in 17x9 and a mugen airbox.......just the two mods planned hopefully we will have to wait and see I guess.

Few more pics of the DC5R:

Comment

Welcome Ray!

You should come to the end of month meet next Tuesday .
      Shak's S2000

Comment

Nice ride Ray, welcome! Indeed, come to the end of month meet
        Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Welcome ray, theres someone here thats looking to sell their mugen, should pm them, it's in parts section, and zeal coils, amazing coils
          Last edited by wongy; 20-08-13, 05:03 PM.
          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
          NSEX

Comment

Thanks for comments and welcome....ill be at the end of month meet tomorrow looking forward to meeting you guys

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
              Welcome ray, theres someone here thats looking to sell their mugen, should pm them, it's in parts section, and zeal coils, amazing coils
              That someone is me ! thanks wongy.

If you're interested Ray PM me and can sort it out

Also that EG and that EK are amazing.

Comment

^ Thanks mate PM sent

Comment

Working...
                X