Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Challenge Australia

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce you all to a proposed new race series for 2014 called the VTEChallenge. The VTEChallenge will be for everyone who has a Honda and wants to compete at a more serious level than track days.

We have a FaceBook page[/B]

https://www.facebook.com/VTEChallengeAustralia

We also have a basic Forum for the discussion of ideas and opinions on a variety of topics to do with the proposed race series.

If you have ever wanted to push your Honda to its limits but in a controlled, friendly environment then now is the opportunity to do so. We are aiming to keep costs down with organisation, competition, and preparation, and to that end we are bringing new Sponsors & Affiliates on board every week. Need a rollcage - no problem - bolt-in or weld-in; engine setup - we have the guys; parts - several vendors are supporting us with good pricing on a variety of parts.

Want to enter a team. We will cater for that with our Team Challenge.

We look forward to seeing you all over on our pages in the near future.

Peter
    Series Director
    VTEChallenge Australia
    Last edited by infotechplus; 12-12-12, 05:14 AM.
    VTECHALLENGE FOR 2014

I never knew Honda Australia had a motorsport division?
    ... retired/

Comment

Welcome, I hope you have some success with the series. When are you hoping to have a draft of the regulations available? I'm sure that will be a big decider on whether people are able to take part.

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      I never knew Honda Australia had a motorsport division?
      Young tinkerbell raises an interesting point, do you have permission from Honda Australia to use their trade mark?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
        Young tinkerbell raises an interesting point, do you have permission from Honda Australia to use their trade mark?
        i was referring to the HCA website that states:

Honda Australia have been in contact and we are waiting for a chance to put our case to their Motorsport division.
        no regs yet

When are you hoping to have a draft of the regulations available?
        regs being discused over here:

http://hondachallenge.freeforums.net...hread=3&page=2
        ... retired/

Comment

Guessing this is proper bumper to bumper, race for place, series.
          Not time attack.
          Also the car requirements will be quite intense with roll cages, kill switchs, etc to be able to participate?

Comment

Time to import that race and rally use only honda
            Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
            http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
              Time to import that race and rally use only honda
              i'll join your team
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                Guessing this is proper bumper to bumper, race for place, series.
                Not time attack.
                Also the car requirements will be quite intense with roll cages, kill switchs, etc to be able to participate?
                it certainly seems like door-to-door concept, so yes all cage rules will (should) apply...
                ... retired/

Comment

Would be cool to watch the action on the track.
                  But does Aus have a big 'touring car' or 'stock car' scene? Especially with Hondas?

Comment

Like any business it will be slow to start. The most affordable way would be a production class allowing minimal mods and safety items.
                    Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

good to see some obviously dedicated hondaphile's trying to build the scene, while i can't see myself being in a position to compete i will follow with interest,
                      hope this gets off the ground, good luck phil
                      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for your interest and obvious questions.

Firstly, we have approached Honda Australia but we are not connected to them or their motorsport division in any way. We are looking at follow up meetings in the near future. It should be noted that similar series in NZ, UK, and the US all have the support of the local Honda company, and we don't see any reason why Honda Australia would not follow suit. But more on that as we sort through it.

Yes, it is a step up from Track days. We propose a "race series", door to door just like any other currently operating so safety equipment will be required.

We aim to keep costs down and to that end we will be encouraging competitors to start out with minimal mods.

You will need a dedicated chassis - these can be picked up cheap as rollers, repairable writeoffs, and unwanted street projects.

You will need a roll cage, a race seat and harness, and the usual safety devices.

You will need a suit, helmet and boots/gloves.

Basic mods: suspension, exhaust, intake, brakes - which most of us have already.

Rules and Regulations are being thrashed out so that we hope by early New Year we will have finalised this and the Eligibility List, but this list will include as many models as we have already indicated.

A "modified" or "Tuner" class - this is a possibility too but everything is open for discussion.

Yes, we are keen on making this happen. We will be disappointed if it doesn't but moreso, the Honda community should feel disappointed because Honda make a fantastic product, suited to track competition, and the Honda community is VERY large.

Having said that we know $$$ are an issue. We don't believe there is a "cheap form of motorsport" buit everything is relative. If you want to be a part of the Honda Challenge, then we are giving prospective competitors over 12 months to get organised.

As we said elsewhere, if the EXCEL guys can do it, we don't see why the Honda community can't.

Rest assured we will be working hard to make this happen in 2014.

Feel free to drop us a note if you have any questions or contribute to our discussion over on our Forum.

Peter
                        Series Director
                        VTEChallenge
                        Last edited by infotechplus; 12-12-12, 05:15 AM.
                        VTECHALLENGE FOR 2014

Comment

Never done door to door racing but would fkin love u

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

*to

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
                              Never done door to door racing but would fkin love u
                              I looked like a retard laughing my arse off in the train after reading this last post :-)
                              CLEMENTE

Comment

Working...
                              X