No announcement yet.

Honda Challenge Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry in advance for hitting any ones car. My door to door racing skills are shit house!

I will how ever (depending on the rules etc) will be keen on having a car in this
    Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
    http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
      Sorry in advance for hitting any ones car. My door to door racing skills are shit house!

I will how ever (depending on the rules etc) will be keen on having a car in this
      Mine are non existent! Want to go halves in a track car? I can't afford to DIY, nor do I have the space to store it

Comment

i can drive and i can turn a wrench, (i also have a 160kW race engine)

i just dont have space for a race car + trailer + tow car...
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          i just dont have space for a race car + trailer + tow car...
          Dynamite?

Peter
          VTECHALLENGE FOR 2014
          https://www.facebook.com/VTEChallengeAustralia

Comment

I'm trying to get a warehouse together for my business and will have a hoist and scales etc for my car.

Anyways I'm hoping there is a b series and k series class. No engine swaps allowed and some control items to keep costs down. More of a production racing where you remove the items not neede and only upgrade the items that can not handle track work like Oem pads
            Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

This is really exciting. Hmm K series ED
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

regardless of what i/we run, i/we have over 12 months to get it ready
                ... retired/

Comment

I'm really keen about this - talking to my old man if he wants to sponsor us together with my sister's bnusiness
                  CLEMENTE

Comment

K Series ED

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    This is really exciting. Hmm K series ED
                    Urm, No!

Well, probably not.

Regulations are being written at the moment and if we take into account majority thoughts then this will not be allowed.

Peter
                    VTECHALLENGE FOR 2014

Comment

New Venture

I'm trying to get a warehouse together for my business and will have a hoist and scales etc for my car.

Anyways I'm hoping there is a b series and k series class. No engine swaps allowed and some control items to keep costs down. More of a production racing where you remove the items not neede and only upgrade the items that can not handle track work like Oem pads
                      Good luck in your new venture.

Peter
                      VTECHALLENGE FOR 2014

Comment

Originally posted by infotechplus View Post
                        Urm, No!

Well, probably not.

Regulations are being written at the moment and if we take into account majority thoughts then this will not be allowed.

Peter
                        Agree with this, you'd need a lot of ballast in a K series EF/ED to make it fair on any other models. And from experience the money required to construct such a car is significant.

Comment

Group N Racing ?
                          The range of modifications allowed is quite narrow - few mechanical engine modifications are allowed (save for lightening within set limits and baffled sumps) although the choice of ECU is free, and this can liberate some extra power itself, and most of the modifications allowed are to promote longevity rather than increased performance, although the boundaries of these two areas are blurring.

Originally, Group N meant that all the interior trim had to be present (including the rear seat), whereas this has now changed to allow removal of the trim aside from the dashboard and replacement of the door trim. The springs and dampers are free, as are the internals of the gearbox and the final-drive ratio, providing that the homologated gear ratios and gearchange pattern are respected. This allows the use of dog-engagement gearboxes, providing quicker gearchanges and longer gearbox life. There is provision for strengthening of the suspension components and bodyshell, providing this doesn't alter the operating principle.[2]

The FIA and many national motorsport associations are moving towards making rallying championships based in Group N, in an attempt to reduce costs, reinforce the link between motorsport and the car that the member of the public drives, and to reduce the environmental impact of motorsport.

Comment

I see a few poeple are concerned with cages and rego.

Lots of cars have road legal cages. Think off all teh cars competing in Targo Tasmina and tarmac rallies etc.

Good work on this class and I hope something like it comes to VIC.

Comment

I'm sorry but door to door racing in your road car? Not a wise idea, of you get hit by another car then it's bad luck.

Door to door is for a dedicated car

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

I'm sorry but door to door racing in your road car? Not a wise idea, of you get hit by another car then it's bad luck.

Door to door is for a dedicated car
                                That's right

hence I am going towards to what you planning cartoon - searching for a place to store car "help with our business and my parents business" then searching for a dedicated car for this event.

really keen to get into the motosport more serious
                                CLEMENTE

Comment

Working...
                                X