• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Up People?

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd finally throw out an intro

I rocked up to the recent meet in Kew on the 27/09
    Got a Sexy Championship White EP3R (my first Honda/first car lol)
    Stock stock stock

Can't wait to share knowledge and all your expertise about mods and upgrades

Peace

Welcome JD!
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks dude, I'm sure everyone is aware of how the stock EP3 looks but I'll try and get some pics up soon

Comment

Welcome John!
        Good to see you finally introduced yourself.

Hope to see you again at the next meet!

Comment

Welcome (officially). Was good meeting you on the day, always happy to see new faces!

Comment

Welcome guy, good to meet you the other night.

Comment

Welcome!
              CLEMENTE

Comment

Good to meet you guys too! Shattered I missed out on Pizzas :P

Comment

Welcome to the forums. Nice meeting you last week. What's planned for the car?

Comment

Right now? Just getting started and prob not guna track any time soon

Might look to get a good set of coilovers and wheels when put the ca$h money together

Any suggestions on where to start?

Comment

Originally posted by j.d31 View Post
                      Right now? Just getting started and prob not guna track any time soon

Might look to get a good set of coilovers and wheels when put the ca$h money together

Any suggestions on where to start?
                      Hey mate it really depends on what you are using your car for. Are you daily driving it? How much do you anticipate tracking it? I don't claim to have the most experience with coilovers, but I recently fitted some Tein Street Advance coilovers to my DC5S.

So far I have nothing to complain about daily driving with them. They are nice and smooth (I think more comfortable than stock) at the recommended damper settings, and when set higher there is a definite change in feel with a firmer ride. These have a spring rate of 7 (Front) and 9 (rear) for the DC5 and 6 (front) and 8(rear) for the EP3R ones. You can probably get these for under $1400.

If you are gonna track the car regularly I'd recommend something with pillowball top mounts though and with higher spring rates (Tein Flex etc), but just keep in mind as a general rule the ride won't be as smooth if driven daily with higher spring rate coilovers.
                      My Dc5s thread

Comment

Definitely for daily drive at the moment and tracking will come a lot later.
                        Cosmetic mods right now.. Have a nice ride height/stance

I was looking at Tein Basics, Buddy Club N+ or BC racing. Anyone know anything about these ones in particular?

Pillowball top mounts will probably respond a little too well.. But I don't want to spend money on average ones that won't last..

Am I looking at this the wrong way? :S

Comment

welcome

Comment

Originally posted by j.d31 View Post
                            Definitely for daily drive at the moment and tracking will come a lot later.
                            Cosmetic mods right now.. Have a nice ride height/stance

I was looking at Tein Basics, Buddy Club N+ or BC racing. Anyone know anything about these ones in particular?

Pillowball top mounts will probably respond a little too well.. But I don't want to spend money on average ones that won't last..

Am I looking at this the wrong way? :S
                            Well both the Buddyclub N+ and BC racing give you damper adjustability, higher spring rates and are in a different class to Tein basics. Tein basics are really just Tein Street Advance which I have minus the 16 level damper adjustability.
                            My Dc5s thread

Comment

Only pic I've got at the moment guys but yeah stock

Dan, appreciate the help I'll do some more homework on which paths to take
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X