[VIC] EXE/CC Winton Track Day - 23 May 09 - ENTRIES OPEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q_ball View Post
    I get what you mean Eddie.. one point i can think of where i can gear up then down again quickly is turn 1 from the start/finish line and possibly before the left hand sweeper.

But where can i use 3rd?
    The hair pins? Or the 2 right handers after the back straight?
    Yeh around the slow parts(those hairpins), use 3rd gear... your just hanging in 2nd gear in high revs which makes the car a little unbalance, making it understeer when you apply throttle. By using 3rd gear, even tho the type R motor is a little gutless, you can be more smoother and use the torque to pull through those corners. (Get what i mean?)

And yes in some one of the corners, your hanging of 3rd, shift into 4th and downgear when approaching the corner. It will set you up better

And remember to hit those apex's, dont be scared to climb the ripple strips, that alone will chop another 1-2seconds
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
    STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Finally get time to upload my vid on youtube......not the best quality but any recommendation for improvement is welcome.....
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tiyTY0_EeM
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Nice vid No traffic ftw
        Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Nice Clip..

seems like engine and 2nd gear gets a good work out.. have you try using 3rd gear in some of the corners where 2nd gear is in high revs?
          Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Since you told Qballer last time I've been thinking about it and I will try it next time and see how it goes.....it may be a good idea but I just scare I won't pull out the corner as good as 2nd....but worth a try......thx for the suggestion tho........hope that chop another sec off........
            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
            1)ブレーキを踏む
            2)クラッチを切る
            3)シフトダウンしなから、
              アクセルをぶかす
            4)クラッチをつなぐ
            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

nice one Eddy..
              is that when u use semis or street tyres?
              - Project R -

Comment

Semis bro.......if I run street tyres with that speed I think I spin out or couse out a few times already.....lol
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                  Semis bro.......if I run street tyres with that speed I think I spin out or couse out a few times already.....lol
                  lol definitely.
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                    lol definitely.
                    Hows ur car progress bro....everythings good?
                    btw....when you wanna to come pick thos stuff up?
                    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                    1)ブレーキを踏む
                    2)クラッチを切る
                    3)シフトダウンしなから、
                      アクセルをぶかす
                    4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

Hows ur car progress bro....everythings good?
                      btw....when you wanna to come pick thos stuff up?
                      ahh progress has been delayed because of exams with uni, i have a little more time now, i still need to organise getting it onto a jig to see how straight it is.

I am still un-decided on what parts im gonna use! there are a few options which have been presented to me. I am still evaluating which way will be the best / most cost-effective.
                      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Finally get time to upload my vid on youtube......not the best quality but any recommendation for improvement is welcome.....
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tiyTY0_EeM
                        nice video
                        very good times
                        your car is running stock motor & box?
                        Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Yes indeed.....hope it don't blow up any soon tho......lol
                          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                          1)ブレーキを踏む
                          2)クラッチを切る
                          3)シフトダウンしなから、
                            アクセルをぶかす
                          4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

this is awesome

what other mods are on your car?
                            Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Since you told Qballer last time I've been thinking about it and I will try it next time and see how it goes.....it may be a good idea but I just scare I won't pull out the corner as good as 2nd....but worth a try......thx for the suggestion tho........hope that chop another sec off........
                              Yeh gearing is so important with those slow corners. Its the same down here at Wakefield.

If you run a K24 bottom end, 3rd gear pull out of those corners are no problems

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Working...
                              X