[VIC] EXE/CC Winton Track Day - 23 May 09 - ENTRIES OPEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
    nice pics there Mario!!! ehehehe thought it would be blur coz u used the digital compact camera.. heheh

justin.. hope to see ur car on the raod soon
    that helmet gave u the extra few kilowatts that u needed bro.
    yes it did rudi, that helmet alone gave me seconds off my pb, the addition of guitarhero powered stickers increased it magical ability by a further 2 seconds.

Magic.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Q_ball View Post
      Wow... what an awesome wkend!

Firstly, mega thanks for Narada for organising the whole thing!
      Also the to the Syd CC members, thanks for making the drive down and experience that much better!

To melbourne ppl/EXE,
      Tom, Mugsee, Bong, Tian, Eddie, Justin, Mario, Phil and anyone else ive forgotten,
      Many many thanks for making the stay so damn good!

Special thanks to Mugsee for showing me the lines, it definitely paid off
      Nice meeting you too mate

good to see you had a safe trip back home

Comment

Wooo... one of my laps that was recorded
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcS7MeiF0Ag

Not the smoothest of laps in all honesty... so gimme some constructive feedback
        Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Wrong gear selection in some corners, not hitting apex in some.. haha

Good effort though!..Who camera set-up was that Q?
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
          STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

haha, matt meads gear.
            not mine thats for damn sure.
            Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Wooo... one of my laps that was recorded
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcS7MeiF0Ag

Not the smoothest of laps in all honesty... so gimme some constructive feedback
              You're pretty smooth Q through it the time for that lap is in the vicinity of 1:46~, i would definitely say u can easily get more speed through the sweeper. i know in my car, towards the end of it im pretty much flat foot through it, especially as it changes direction.
              Last edited by Didz; 02-06-09, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Yeh looking at the clip now u can tell im not pushing it all that hard through that left hander.
                Tyres werent screeching loud enough HAHA.

Benson, in terms of gearing where abouts are you referring to?

Comment

There are a few you can use 3rd.....or up one gear and gain more speed b4 entering the corner......then down gear b4 that........I used to worry hitting the rev limiter and lift off the gas too early and wait till the car roll to the brake point...that lost me 1/2 sec there.....
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

I get what you mean Eddie.. one point i can think of where i can gear up then down again quickly is turn 1 from the start/finish line and possibly before the left hand sweeper.

But where can i use 3rd?
                    The hair pins? Or the 2 right handers after the back straight?

Comment

actually gear is ok......just the lines are a bit off....
                      the 2nd HP you can keep running with the turn...dun need to do out in out....3 HP can dive in the apex a bit earlier.....just try to get on ur gas a but early b4 the exit.....and 1st turn after the back straight....you can have more corner entering speed and run a bit wider....there is plenty of space you can run wider after you turn in......
                      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                      1)ブレーキを踏む
                      2)クラッチを切る
                      3)シフトダウンしなから、
                        アクセルをぶかす
                      4)クラッチをつなぐ
                      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

I get what you mean Eddie.. one point i can think of where i can gear up then down again quickly is turn 1 from the start/finish line and possibly before the left hand sweeper.

But where can i use 3rd?
                        The hair pins? Or the 2 right handers after the back straight?
                        U should be able to gear up just before turn 1. i get into 4th for a good 2-3 seconds before i need to downshift and turn in, i stay in third for those two turns the same as you do as well.
                        Also, keep in mind that eddy is insane lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                          U should be able to gear up just before turn 1. i get into 4th for a good 2-3 seconds before i need to downshift and turn in, i stay in third for those two turns the same as you do as well.
                          Also, keep in mind that eddy is insane lol.
                          how do you know that....
                          yeah.....try to up gear earlier rather then wait till you hit redline......it will ruin the car's balance while you enter the corner......coz when you lift off the gas too much weight transfer to the front......you may feel ur rear dun have as much grip as you want.....
                          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                          1)ブレーキを踏む
                          2)クラッチを切る
                          3)シフトダウンしなから、
                            アクセルをぶかす
                          4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

One of my old video lapping 1:41......you can compare my lines......
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5tm...e=channel_page
                            my brake point, gear selection and lines change a fair bit since then....will up load the recent one soon
                            Last edited by air23box; 02-06-09, 12:37 PM.
                            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                            1)ブレーキを踏む
                            2)クラッチを切る
                            3)シフトダウンしなから、
                              アクセルをぶかす
                            4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

damn ur fast eddy, i just want my car to handle like yours :P

Comment

it take a lot of time to try out different setting, camber, damper setting and I'm still playing with brake point and stuff atm.....still have room to improve.....
                                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                                1)ブレーキを踏む
                                2)クラッチを切る
                                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                                  アクセルをぶかす
                                4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

Working...
                                X