NSW CAMS Supersprint 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    yeah, only air cleaner element is allowed, not full air intake.

and yes, ONLY cosmetic exterior modifications are allowed. not performance increasing ones.

SHIFTY - get it right or don't post it.
    That also means that Shifty should be racing 3B, not 2B. He has a Mugen intake.

Comment

oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 111111111111111111one111!

welcome to 3B shifty!
      ... retired/

Comment

Just checked the rules HERE.

2B allows free air intake modifications.... to a point.

EDIT: It seems a bit dubious and is open to interpretation. I say we hang him up in front of the scrutineers.
        Last edited by m0nty; 20-08-08, 12:34 PM.

Comment

2007 CAMS Vehicle Regulations, Type 2, see clause 1.3 & 1.7 then read clause 3.13

http://home.exetel.com.au/tinkerbell...cle%20regs.pdf
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by SHIFTY View Post

Once u open the motor or g/box you move to 3B...
            That's not true. Cams, but not bearings are free and pistons are free if they do not change compression or capacity. Gearing can be changed also if the ratio was offered by the manufacturer or it's tuning arm i.e. Mugen. Brakes are free if rotor size is not increased.

2B actually allows quite alot of mods and you can easily increase performance of the car without going to 3B.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              2007 CAMS Vehicle Regulations, Type 2, see clause 1.3 & 1.7 then read clause 3.13

http://home.exetel.com.au/tinkerbell...cle%20regs.pdf

1.3 The entire vehicle must be as originally specified by the manufacturer
              except for the specific freedoms allowed herein.

1.7 Where freedom is permitted to fit nominated or recognised parts, such
              freedom is strictly limited to such components themselves and it shall not
              be permissible to modify other parts, save by the drilling of holes for
              supporting purposes.

3.13 The air cleaner and filter element is free.

I still don't know about it.
              Last edited by m0nty; 20-08-08, 12:55 PM.

Comment

1.3 means if he removes anything, he is in breach too...

the fitment of a Mugen intake is not *simply* a modification of the "air cleaner" and "filter element" - it is vastly more complicated.

it involves the disconnection, alteration and removal of significant parts of the car (as it was "originally specified" by the manufacturer)

plus, according to 1.7, in the fitment of nominated parts (i.e. new air cleaner and filter element) the modification is strictly limited to the alteration of the nominated components themselves (besides by the drilling of holes for supporting purposes.)
                ... retired/

Comment

SHIFTY - have you got advice on this? from a scruitineer?

not trying to get you in trouble or anything, just shows the difficulties in Class based racing...
                  ... retired/

Comment

lol, i pop my bonnet to the scrutineers and tell them my class at every event and show them what's there, nothing to hide... they have never said anything about the intake....
                    it still retains the stock intake arm, just the intake housing and filter is changed, and two bolts to put it in...
                    RWD + Boost =

Comment

everyone jump to 3b. Its the way! hahaha

Always thought for 2b you have to retain full interior. Can anyone clarify?
                      BYP Racing & Developments
                      Built. Tuned. Driven
                      Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

yes, you have to retain everything, but you can change the front seats only.

2.1 Safety equipment and cosmetic or comfort accessories may be added,
                        provided that they do not improve the performance of the vehicle.
                        and

2.6 The driver’s seat may be replaced with a non-standard seat that is
                        commercially available and permitted in a vehicle registered in accordance
                        with Regulation 1.5 immediately above. The front passenger’s seat may
                        also be changed provided it is of a standard that is equivalent to or better
                        than the seat replacing the driver’s seat. Seat supports may be modified to
                        enable fitment of an allowable replacement seat.
                        apart from those, again i note the most important clause in relation to 2B:

1.3 The entire vehicle must be as originally specified by the manufacturer
                        except for the specific freedoms allowed herein.
                        ... retired/

Comment

lol, i pop my bonnet to the scrutineers and tell them my class at every event and show them what's there, nothing to hide... they have never said anything about the intake...
                          ha ha, yeah, like the scruitineers have any idea of what is legal in 2B!!!

they have time to check for SAFETY, not a lot of time for checking class eligibility...

also - it up to the COMPETITOR to ensure they comply with the class rules, not the event organisers...
                          ... retired/

Comment

IMO SHIFTY's dc2r should be classed 3B based on the regualation outlined by CAMS.

The scruitineers at the event dont know much about honda's, hence they havent picked up on it.

But i dont really care if he's in a wrong class, but it would be good if there is more in class 3b to intice the competition level
                            BYP Racing & Developments
                            Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                            STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post

But i dont really care if he's in a wrong class, but it would be good if there is more in class 3b to intice the competition level
                              You got me in there next year mate. The Dave says that he'll be 3B next year too. 4 way shootout....
                              • J's Racing
                              • Backyard Performance
                              • TODA
                              • In The Red/Buddy Club

Looks good to me.

Comment

why do you need a daily ?

most of us enter there daily cars....
                                Because if something goes wrong, i get fired + fail uni!

Comment

Working...
                                X