Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ClubITR MegaCruise!!! (16th & 17th of Dec 2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxley Highway (the twisty section) can be driven at the speed limit or LESS with a large amount of enjoyment...

35km/h advisory speed corners at 100km/h? w00t!
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by 03DC5R View Post
      how about you guys make a cruise to wagga so that the syd,melb and adelaid ppl can meet up. wagga is central to all these cities and its about 900kms round trip from syd and a bit less from melb and adelaid(i think). on the ozhonda forums it was being organised ages ago but died out. so wat do yous all reckon?
      I won't speak for everyone here but my opinion is that if we are all to travel a substantial distance there needs to be some event for us to go to and take part in.

ie. I think we need a track... OR if you are talking purely a social meet, we need things to do etc. Are there good driving roads around Wagga? I have no idea... I'm guessing probably not? I don't really know of places to visit or things to see in the area... to attract people to come...

MX5 Clubs have a Natmeet every 2 years. http://www.natmeet2006.org.au/
      They hold a trackday, social events and concours etc. However honestly I don't think we have enough people interested in this kind of meet. It requires commitment, promoting, funding and a huge amount of organisation. Someone please prove me wrong though, because I would love to be a part of something like this.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
        Oxley Highway (the twisty section) can be driven at the speed limit or LESS with a large amount of enjoyment...

35km/h advisory speed corners at 100km/h? w00t!
        Wow your doing well if you can do that speed round some of those corners I struggle to ~ 60km limiting factor being my g/f in the passanger seat
        F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
          I won't speak for everyone here but my opinion is that if we are all to travel a substantial distance there needs to be some event for us to go to and take part in.

ie. I think we need a track... OR if you are talking purely a social meet, we need things to do etc. Are there good driving roads around Wagga? I have no idea... I'm guessing probably not? I don't really know of places to visit or things to see in the area... to attract people to come...

MX5 Clubs have a Natmeet every 2 years. http://www.natmeet2006.org.au/
          They hold a trackday, social events and concours etc. However honestly I don't think we have enough people interested in this kind of meet. It requires commitment, promoting, funding and a huge amount of organisation. Someone please prove me wrong though, because I would love to be a part of something like this.
          i will do my research to find out about roads around the region and tracks. but just off the top of my head, the snowy mountains highway is like an hour or 40 mins from wagga and that road has some seriouse twisties. but i guess your right about the amount of organisation and committment. i just thought it wud be good because its in the middle of three largs cities.
          183.2KW ATW
          BUILT BY DR HONDA
          Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Working...
          X