[NSW] THE-LOWDOWN.com Presents: Showcased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NSW] THE-LOWDOWN.com Presents: Showcased

When T-LD first started over two years ago, we never imagined that we would end up with the support we’ve received from our fans. We have met hundreds of car owners, visited countless workshops, followed a number of builds and shared so many stories with you via your computer screens.

Now, we’re excited to be breaking out of cyberspace to host an event that will put a selection of these cars all in the one place. Finally, after months at the drawing board, THE-LOWDOWN.com is proud to announce: Showcased!

Made possible by our major sponsor, Xtreme Motorsports and in affiliation with Meguiars Australia, the show will take place in June and incorporate the JDMST June EOMM at the same time.

Showcased aims to bring a premium automotive event to the Sydney scene. Held on the rooftop of the Entertainment Quarter carpark, top quality cars won’t be the only things to look at on the day. Also on the line-up are food stalls, promo models, give-aways, vendors and a DJ spinning beats on the day.

General admission by spectators to the rooftop is totally free, so please come along and check it out! Soak up views of the city skyline from the rooftop as the sun sets over the horizon. Our full event schedule will be announced soon, so stay tuned for more updates!

For those wishing to spectate, parking is available on the level beneath the rooftop, where the JDMST EOMM for June will be kicking live as well. Park your car and make your way up to the show! Normal parking fees apply for those spectators directly to the venue.

Space on the rooftop is limited so those wishing to enter their car for display in the show should FOLLOW THIS LINK and pre-register! Car clubs can even enter together if they have a minimum of five cars.

DETAILS

- DATE: Saturday, June 30th 2012
    - TIME: 1:00PM – 6:00PM
    - VENUE: The Entertainment Quarter – Rooftop Car Park
    - ADDRESS: Lang Road, Moore Park, NSW

PRICING FOR ROOFTOP SHOW

- Vehicle Entry: $50 per car
    - Club Entry (5 Cars+): $45 per car
    - General Admission: FREE

Full details will be updated on the official Showcased page. Questions can be answered in this thread or over e-mail via info @ the-lowdown.com so feel free to get in touch. If your entry is as a club, just put 'ClubITR' on your form in the relevant field!

We can't wait for June 30th, so make sure you're a part of it!

Who's in?
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

im in
      Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

count me in
        CLEMENTE

Comment

So why do you pay 50 bucks for the car park on the roof??
          Most likly alot of nice cars below!
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Yeh not paying $50 to park my car lol

Comment

I'll need to pass on the ClubITR banner to someone if we're entering as a club

Unfortunately I'll be overseas for a holiday.
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

so we all just enter as part of clubitr individually and TLD decides who gets in? assuming we only pay if we make it in.
                Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                Flickr
                my car blog - Have a read
                my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by markR View Post
                    I'm in
                    Club entry?
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

I wouldnt mind entering, but the entry fee is quite expensive.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        So why do you pay 50 bucks for the car park on the roof??
                        Most likly alot of nice cars below!
                        This is something we completely understand, though it's easy to forget that we've actually hired out the whole rooftop for this. We haven't initiated this to make money, we want to bring everyone together and provide enough entertainment for people to stay and something for people to look at, hence the show/pre-registration section. The rooftop is the show section, and you can expect to see a lot of nice cars that aren't just at meets, it also allows a larger presence for car clubs - you have an allowance for a club banner and promo model with successful club entries. We've combined it with the JDMST EOMM for June (taking place on the level under) for those who would prefer to just spectate and view the cars on the rooftop.

JDMST was barred from that venue and it's taken us months in negotiation (Felix will know how far back it dates) to actually even get approval to hold the event there, and it hasn't come cheap. On top of hiring out the rooftop, we've also needed to get public liablity and hire a number of security guards for the day (bump-in and out time included). This is the base of a long list including all sorts of issues such as traffic management plans which need to be submitted to the venue management. These are just a few of the items where show entry fee's will go towards, which we have committed to pay.

We would love to host an event like this for free, but sadly it's impossible to put on a show without spending money. We really appreciate everyone's support and willingness to take part, hopefully it will encourage more of this sort of thing in Australia.

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                        so we all just enter as part of clubitr individually and TLD decides who gets in? assuming we only pay if we make it in.
                        Yes, that's correct. Generally, as long as a car club has met the entry minimum, they will all be accepted as a whole. Just enter ClubITR in the 'Car Club Name' field, we'll cross-check to make sure that the minimum number is met for a team then send out documentation with your approval. You only need to pay once you've received your approval (details will be given with your approval), then you'll receive your bump-in time and logistical details.

If anyone's got any other questions, please fire away, i'll attempt to answer each individual one!

A few quick updates in the meantime:

- All entrants receive an entry pack sponsored by Meguiars

- Monster Energy are the official beverage of choice for the day and their promo models will be providing drinks on the day! Be sure to say hi to them and grab yourself a drink!

- New vehicle appearances confirmed include a Bodyform widebody Evo IX, revamped J Racing widebody WRX, Built to Order VIP Modular EG Civic and a number of new cars from Xtreme Motorsports. More will be announced June 1st

- Click here to download our information pack

Here's the event page again in case anyone missed it: http://www.the-lowdown.com/showcased/

Pre-registration: http://www.the-lowdown.com/showcased-registration/
                        Last edited by jd_911; 17-05-12, 12:26 AM.

Comment

so who's the promo model for clubitr?
                          Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                          Flickr
                          my car blog - Have a read
                          my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                            Club entry?
                            If we get enough numbers, sure!

Comment

i would enter but im doubt my car would pass the screening process :S

Comment

Working...
                              X