2012 NSW Hillclimb Championship - all the details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huntly is a great track.

Hint to any newcomers to hillclimb: make sure your fuel pump is up to it.

My first time out (early '90s) was in a bored and stroked gen 1 civic with yoshimura cam and twin 35mm Dell Orto carbs (think mini Webbers). Off the line was "ok" but halfway up the hill the standard (mechanical) pump couldn't feed the carbs hard enough and the car coughed, spluttered and stopped - much to my embarrassment.
    1988 CRX
    1999 Integra Type R
    2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Originally posted by Setanta View Post
      Huntly is a great track.

Hint to any newcomers to hillclimb: make sure your fuel pump is up to it.

My first time out (early '90s) was in a bored and stroked gen 1 civic with yoshimura cam and twin 35mm Dell Orto carbs (think mini Webbers). Off the line was "ok" but halfway up the hill the standard (mechanical) pump couldn't feed the carbs hard enough and the car coughed, spluttered and stopped - much to my embarrassment.
      Haha no way!! that is hilarious, but not embarassing at all from my point of view.

Do you think any baffles or special fuel set-ups are necessary for hill climbs in a DC2? Tink, i'm sure you could comment on this.
      Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Originally posted by cordz View Post
        Haha no way!! that is hilarious, but not embarassing at all from my point of view.

Do you think any baffles or special fuel set-ups are necessary for hill climbs in a DC2? Tink, i'm sure you could comment on this.

No special fuel tank or fuel pump preps are nec in your DC2.

Just make sure you have enough fuel in the tank ie half way between half and empty and you should be all good.

I run my eg quite close to the red mark ( ie 2-3mm ) , it's been ok for me at hillclimbs with elevation changes ie up and downhills as well as tight turns.

When you are 1st starting in events, not much point running the car on fumes.
        Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

couple of vids from Kempsey round,

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=212638158850004

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=212622185518268

hope they work?

full report to follow...

I am now 2 from 2 with two new class records...

Bathurst (Mt Panorama) is in two weeks, with reverse Esses and Mountain Straight events - over two days!!
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by cordz View Post
            i run a 1250ml surge tank with internal walbro 255 pump so i can run with fuel light on,

and baffled sump to preserve the engine oil circulation in the very tight corners (but still get oil pressure warning shriek [set at 50psi] often during a run)... (with oil level 1-2mm above top dot)
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              the car sounds awesome!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

driver's seat is better with the echos off the walls

shame my last run was not recorded - no feathering up the hill, i just kept it nailed from that left hander all the way up the RH sweeper to the finish line... (maximum testicular fortitude)

felt so good, indescribable feeling... i have it on internal video, so will try to post that up...
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                  the car sounds awesome!
                  BTW - cordz - that is a 2.75in exhaust
                  ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                  X