No announcement yet.

EOI: J's Racing/JDM Concept Time Attack Integra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. The carbon one cost nearly double. I couldn't justify it for at 1.5kg saving.

Comment

ah ok, makes sense.

I'll buy them off you if your selling

Comment

Won't be selling any parts mate.

Car could be taken off the market and developed further for WTAC next year depending on outcome of meetings next week.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
          Won't be selling any parts mate.

Car could be taken off the market and developed further for WTAC next year depending on outcome of meetings next week.
          I honestly hope that you decide to keep your car, coz it'll be interesting to see how our cars compare against each other at WATC

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonS View Post
            I honestly hope that you decide to keep your car, coz it'll be interesting to see how our cars compare against each other at WATC
            yes it will, both cars and drivers
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Car now on My105

Comment

mmmm only if i had that cash

Comment

Will the new K24 engine in the making and the fibreglass doors be included in the sale?
                  If so, specs on the K24 engine would be great. Thanks!

"My plans for WTAC 2011 had included a new built K24 engine and lighter fibreglass doors."

Comment

Originally posted by ish_crx View Post
                    Will the new K24 engine in the making and the fibreglass doors be included in the sale?
                    If so, specs on the K24 engine would be great. Thanks!

"My plans for WTAC 2011 had included a new built K24 engine and lighter fibreglass doors."
                    No, they are not included.

Phil isn't the kind of guy that discloses engine specs, not even to the guys that buy his engines. Understandably so.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                      No, they are not included.

Phil isn't the kind of guy that discloses engine specs, not even to the guys that buy his engines. Understandably so.
                      Understandably so?? I think its quite stupid not even telling people that buy his engines. If i bought an engine, i would want to know what's in it. I mean honestly, who buys an engine without knowing the specs?

Comment

Understandably so?? I think its quite stupid not even telling people that buy his engines. If i bought an engine, i would want to know what's in it. I mean honestly, who buys an engine without knowing the specs?
                        It's not uncommon for engine builders to not disclose specs. They will show an invoice which lists parts brands and suppliers but if they develop something then it should be their right to disclose specifications too. There's nothing stopping people from pulling an engine apart and checking, but if there's that need I'd argue why you'd use someone to build an engine in the first place.

Comment

IMO I'd have more respect for this car if it remains either K20A2 Or JDM K20A...
                          Just expressing my view... i love seeing a car performing at it's peak with the stock work that was given to the car... Im not saying i hate cars with K20/K24 cause i don't, but when it comes to track rep IMHO, stock motor over a implantation personally...

Comment

hardly anyone is running unworked k20's in their time attack cars these days, I agree with Sam about the AUDK20, it is a very mismatched engine for a car of his calibre and dropping in a k24 is much cheaper than boreing/stroking a K20 to 2.4L. every other K20 at superlap was either force inducted or oversized.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                              IMO I'd have more respect for this car if it remains either K20A2 Or JDM K20A...
                              Just expressing my view... i love seeing a car performing at it's peak with the stock work that was given to the car... Im not saying i hate cars with K20/K24 cause i don't, but when it comes to track rep IMHO, stock motor over a implantation personally...
                              When discussing with Murakami-san even he agreed that K24 was best way to build an engine for Time Attack. They build K20s when the rules restrict oversize engines but they cost big bucks (around $18,000) for a 300bhp engine. A similar output K24/K26 costs less than $10,000. It's easy to see why people choose to use the K24. The larger torque output gives a wider driving window too. The K20 may be quicker, but it's groove is narrower.

Comment

i cant beleive ur selling this sam! i hope u change your mind...afterall u have spent so much time/effort/money building it to what it is now...

not stupid at all! phill actually tells you what parts he will put in your engine...but expects you not to go around bragging to every man and their dog about whats in it...
                                183.2KW ATW
                                BUILT BY DR HONDA
                                Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Working...
                                X