No announcement yet.

Alignment setting on DC5S for Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i got those busing installed even with caster for the front too but still havn;t found a swaybar that would convince me to change for the better since different shop make diff thickness and then you have to consider they might be hollow or solid and then meterial used to make them ...too little info is out there

Comment

Originally posted by edfung81 View Post
      icic ...but having thicker front sway bar i think it does generate other issues such as understeering its too much compromise for someone like me to think about!!! (ie. too little knowledge)
      I wouldn't recommend taking the front bar off, that is a last ditch effort for people that are limited by rules or don't know what they are doing. When I mentioned that more roll stiffness might be better with those alignment settings I meant more total, achieved with more spring and bar at both ends of the car. Remember that both ends of the car are effectively rigidly linked (for relatively low spring rates like we use) so we can reduce the total roll angle at the front simply by installing a larger rear sway bar for example.

If you were running toe out and less camber at the rear previously I can understand why the car was a little nervous last time. I would go back with the settings you have now and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
        I wouldn't recommend taking the front bar off, that is a last ditch effort for people that are limited by rules or don't know what they are doing. When I mentioned that more roll stiffness might be better with those alignment settings I meant more total, achieved with more spring and bar at both ends of the car. Remember that both ends of the car are effectively rigidly linked (for relatively low spring rates like we use) so we can reduce the total roll angle at the front simply by installing a larger rear sway bar for example.

If you were running toe out and less camber at the rear previously I can understand why the car was a little nervous last time. I would go back with the settings you have now and see how it goes.
        i thought when most people up-rate their rear sawy bar is to gain oversteering

Comment

Working...
        X