Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a track work camera setup !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont want to sink your boat , the gopro looks a great little item. comes with a good kit of various mounting (suction , wrist etc) and the footage looks good.

But i have decided to get a Sanyo Xacti , with a jaycar adjustable suction mount. proven by a few bike mates to hold well. for about $320 all up for the camcorder and the mount its a touch more than the gopro and its a dam sight better in features and quality.The jaycar mount is more than adequate for this small 180gram camera.plus sdhc for up to 32gb of space for lots of 9.1 megapixel still shots and camcorder time. Ill post up some demo movies once i get some WSID time in with it

Comment

Originally posted by bennjamin View Post
      dont want to sink your boat , the gopro looks a great little item. comes with a good kit of various mounting (suction , wrist etc) and the footage looks good.

But i have decided to get a Sanyo Xacti , with a jaycar adjustable suction mount. proven by a few bike mates to hold well. for about $320 all up for the camcorder and the mount its a touch more than the gopro and its a dam sight better in features and quality.The jaycar mount is more than adequate for this small 180gram camera.plus sdhc for up to 32gb of space for lots of 9.1 megapixel still shots and camcorder time. Ill post up some demo movies once i get some WSID time in with it
      please post up vids once you have recorded some in car footage, i want to see how it turns out with fast motion and your setup.

Comment

yup lets see how it goes....
        i want a small camcorder with decent still capability for a euro trip next year , so i thought why not multitask and use it for abit of racing capture

anyone else got any other options? apart from the gopro there isnt too much else out there for under $500

Comment

we use these little guys at work, http://www.elmo.co.jp/suv-cam/en/product/index.html/, we used the SUVII, not cheap tho but very very compact, waterproof, very robust and the picture isnt to bad.

These cameras were the cameras used on the australian gladiators as the helmet cameras.

Im goin to be taking one of these with me to a Queensland raceway on the 27th
          Last edited by TOU93; 17-08-08, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X