First track day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G_Vtec View Post
    You can choose to 'mod' the stock oil pump by preloading the springs with 2-3 spacers in order to maintain healthy pressure.
    fixed.

many people choose not to as well...
    ... retired/

Comment

Just an insight into what I did...

1st Trackday: Stock everything - ran 1.16s - Was unsure of temps so did many cooldown laps.

2nd Trackday: Added baffled sump - ran 1.16s - Was a bit more confident but less aggressive as I mistook "smooth driving" for "slow driving" - was angry and couldn't understand why I wasn't improving my times

3rd Trackday: Added old 2nd hand semi-slicks + Gauges - ran 1.16s - oil temperature were hitting 120 degrees + after only 4 hard laps - spent half the session on cooldown laps - wasn't improving my laptimes - came to the conclusion that my semi-slicks were too old and that my street tyres were stickier

4th Trackday: Added 10-row Trust Oil Cooler - oil temperatures only hit 120 degrees on my 7th hot lap - aggressive driving improved times - got a professional driver to have a go in my car while I was in it - drove out afterwards and "ate" up all the ripple strips like the professional driver did - cut a further second off my laptime - was happy - felt stupid about blaming my semi-slicks for crappy previous laptimes - my semi-slicks were still decent - ran 1.14's

Haha.. that's my trackday history so far.. As you can see I didn't do any performance modifications as such. The car is still like a stock car in it's handling and speed, only modifications were done to ensure trackability and cooling
      Wakefield 1:14.5640 - DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by arron View Post
        Just an insight into what I did...

1st Trackday: Stock everything - ran 1.16s - Was unsure of temps so did many cooldown laps.

2nd Trackday: Added baffled sump - ran 1.16s - Was a bit more confident but less aggressive as I mistook "smooth driving" for "slow driving" - was angry and couldn't understand why I wasn't improving my times

3rd Trackday: Added old 2nd hand semi-slicks + Gauges - ran 1.16s - oil temperature were hitting 120 degrees + after only 4 hard laps - spent half the session on cooldown laps - wasn't improving my laptimes - came to the conclusion that my semi-slicks were too old and that my street tyres were stickier

4th Trackday: Added 10-row Trust Oil Cooler - oil temperatures only hit 120 degrees on my 7th hot lap - aggressive driving improved times - got a professional driver to have a go in my car while I was in it - drove out afterwards and "ate" up all the ripple strips like the professional driver did - cut a further second off my laptime - was happy - felt stupid about blaming my semi-slicks for crappy previous laptimes - my semi-slicks were still decent - ran 1.14's

Haha.. that's my trackday history so far.. As you can see I didn't do any performance modifications as such. The car is still like a stock car in it's handling and speed, only modifications were done to ensure trackability and cooling

just out of curiousity, what were your alignment settings?
        _______

:: Foot To The Metal :: Full On :: All of It Or None of It ::

Comment

just remember not to engage your handbrake once you've finished your cooldown laps and the rotors will still be seriously hot, and can easily warp..... i have warped mine 3 times in the past 8 years after EC and wakefield and its annoying having to get them machined becuase i forgot.....

i have a photo somewhere of my disc's glowing even after the cooldown laps....will find it...

dc2r's are fun even without mod's, go stock for a few months, and then you will realise its maybe a better option to use the money on the ammount of tyres you will go through.... ;-)

p.s. always take extra oil with you......

oh yeah and water, to help clean the "oil" off your car from the car in front who just blew a turbine... hahaha
          Last edited by Rexxy; 20-03-08, 12:53 PM. Reason: bad speller

Comment

If you are going to shim your factory oil pump, don’t go crazy with the shims. (max 2.6mm of shimming)

Remember, this will increase the oil pressure up to the point of the oil cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
              Will my engine blow half way around the bloody thing? YES
              Am i going to die?YES
              Is my car going to die? and...YES
              LOL... I'll be there aswell, if you want, come talk to me - ill help you take care of your car and make you have a lot of fun!! We can drive down together aswell if you want?

Originally posted by ChargeR
              Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                LOL... I'll be there aswell, if you want, come talk to me - ill help you take care of your car and make you have a lot of fun!! We can drive down together aswell if you want?
                This is LOVE

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
                  This is LOVE

What can I say.. I like to take care of my fellow ITR people!

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Yeh ive got all my advice from here..

Thanks rix :P

Manny made sure i didnt purchase the slipstreams and put some nice forged shoes on my baby :P

Comment

Originally posted by G_Vtec View Post
                      just out of curiousity, what were your alignment settings?
                      I was just going to post that!

A bit of toe out on the front and slight toe-in or zero toe-in in the back would be my preference. Others may have other ideas.

Don’t worry too much about modifications the biggest modification most people can do is to their own abilities.
                      Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

use good oil.
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Working...
                        X