Dunlop DZ02G - which compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Szy!

i think that seals my Bridgestone choice...
    ... retired/

Comment

i have heard that the a048s are abit too hard and takes quite awhile to warm up. Also the a048 is limited here in reference to what compound we can get.

Looks like i will give the d03 and re55 a go

Comment

where you getting them from Jing?
        ... retired/

Comment

i was going to look for some contacts with my evo friends for the re55s as they can be had for abit over $300 each for 17" in a wide size so i think that is pretty good.

I am not sure about the d03's though

Comment

We used Advan 048. Can't complain.
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

I am running R888 and have to say that in the RX-8 they are an awesome tyre. Comparing to other RX-8s on RE55s in the wet the R888s were by far the better tyre. Would say they are about even in the dry. Also the R888 is good well beyond the point that the tyres become slicks where as the RE55s are pretty much done when they hit the wear limit.

Cheers

Andrew

Mazda RX8 Owners Club of Victoria - Events Co-Ordinator | Winton: 1:42.86 | Sandown: 1:32.42 | Broadford: 1:10.45 | Wakefield: 1:15.94

Comment

Medium on the front and soft on the rear for the Queensland raceway sprints series. Great combo. Fronts running at 90 - 100 degrees and rears running at 75 - 85 degrees.
                †ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§

One To Pin (12PIN)
                2002 DC5R
                183.8kW of Normally Apirated 2150cc Toda Power at the Front Wheels
                62.75s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semi's (stock engine)
                124s @ Oran Park Superlap on Toyo R1R's (Toda Powered K21.5)
                58.14s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
                60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semi's (Toda Powered K21.5)
                59.03S @ QR Sprints on DZ03G Semi's (Toda Powered K21.5)
                1:23.01S @ QR National on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)

Comment

cant get RE55S (SR) for upcoming track day (no 195/55/15 in Aust)... thinking of going DZ03G (H) as a replacement.. comments please?

I heard that A048 go hard after about 10 heat cycles.. and that DZ03G are better than RE55S even... ?

(i assume this is the best thread to do this in)...

Comment

hmmm think thats pretty consistent to what ppl have said

my tyre place told me the DZ03 are slightly softer than RE55S
                    but they are a lot more expensive and dont last as long

price vs performance vs longevity wise
                    RE55S SR2 is a better balance

Comment

i was quoted per 195/55/15 tyre:
                      A048 $349
                      RE55S $330
                      DZ03G $349

but remember that DZ03G comes in 3 compounds.. H (hard) S (soft) R (too soft)
                      so which one was softer than RE55S the H?

Comment

I wouldn't know mate, only ever used RE55S SR and SR2 compound
                        A048 (M and MH) are control tyre for some racing series, was talking to one of the drivers, he absolutely despise the tyres and the fact that they have to use it. For testing purposes he swapped them for RE55S and gained 2-3 seconds per jap just like that, although this was on an EVO.

I didn't know the prices were so close to each other for 15" semis, its more drastic for 17" or 18"

Comment

rang a bridgestone tyre centre today and apparently they have RE55S in 195/55/15 in stock... so i am getting them tomorrow (before they sell out LOL)

good to see some confirmation that RE55S > A048...

Comment

not gona go to 205/50R15's for the dc2r ?
                            RWD + Boost =

Comment

no, i had 205/50/15 on my stock wheels previously.. i just changed to 205/45/16 on new 16x7 wheels and the steering is so much sharper.

maybe its the shorter sidewall or maybe its not fitting overly wide tyres on narrow wheels..

i will see what the 195/55/15's feel like on my stock 15x6 wheels tomorrow..

Comment

Working...
                              X