Dunlop DZ02G - which compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunlop DZ02G - which compound?

need new track tyres - who uses which compound for the track?

is the H compound too hard for tracking?

anyoen tried the D03's yet?
    ... retired/

Damn, I just checked Gary's motorsport tyres website and they don't have the compounds listed anymore ...

For DZ02G's I ran S compound and thought they were to hard for super sprints. Took to long to warm up - about 2-3 laps to get real sticky ... but could go 10 laps easy ... (it's the most I got before I came off)

So depending on how fast you want them to warm up .. and how many "hot" laps you want in each session, I would actually go softer than "S "dave .... and I can't remember whether H was softer or not .. getting old.
    ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
    - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

D03G - Soft compound is the real deal

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
        D03G - Soft compound is the real deal
        thanks for your invaluable insight
        ... retired/

Comment

Personally i havent tried the D02's but when i went to the dunlop dealer they told me the D03G was their newest flagship tyre.
          I got the soft compound, which heated up really quick and didnt burn/melt until about 7 HARD laps.
          In comparison the the RE55S, the d03's heat up heaps quicker and provide more grip all round but i guess wear down quicker then the RE55's as well.

Comment

OK, thanks for clarifying

the info about RE55s is useful too... were they the SR compound?
            ... retired/

Comment

yokohama just released the A050, but dunno if its available here

Comment

from our brand new forum =P

Yokohama have released a new R-compound tyre in succession of the A048... looks kinda alien like hehe

and the funny slogan for Advan: "Not for everybody" LOL

check out the tyres here: http://www.advan.com/japanese/products/advan_a050.html

Comment

Nads, if you can, can you provide an opinion on compounds - in particular RE55s and DZ02G

i would be guessing that you (of all people) have driven on the most different combinations out there?
                  ... retired/

Comment

tink.. funniily enough ive never owned those tyres on my car!

the RE55s ive tried were very good, better than R888... but they were medium or hard compound because the car has 250kw+ and weighs 1500kg.. hardly a comparison ahah

ive tried DZ02G on integra type r, in soft and they were fine... i think for supersprints soft compound is good, warm up quicker and since you dont do that many laps anyway

soft compound tyres wear out quicker, but harder compounds, like all other semis, start going off after too many heat cycles anyway

Comment

Dave, I run hard compound, I have used soft before and found they went off fairly quickly (3 laps max) and the tyres didn’t last very long

I usually find they take about 1 to 1.5 laps to warm up, depending on the track.

Comment

Ive been told time and time again that the Dunlops DZ03 is the best of the bunch

What of the Advan A048 (MH-Compound)?
                        anyone has any experience with these?

Comment

i see lots of guys at the supersprints using the A048's...
                          ... retired/

Comment

Yes the RE55's were SR compound

Comment

i also have SR compound RE55's and find they are great after about 2 warmup laps, a good compromise for about 6-8 lap at a time. this is at mallala.
                              though i cannot compare to other brands/compounds as i have only had these so not much help..
                              i do know the fastest 3 cars on our last track day (wrx, s2k and myself) all had RE55's SR compound
                              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Working...
                              X