No announcement yet.

Baffled Oil Sump Nessessary for Track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some guys like to do it to compensate for the loss in pressure when adding an oil cooler
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Sorry not really to do with the topic. But hope this can help.

I have got a 10 row trust cooler with remote filter setup. I played around, putting the remote filter, before then after the cooler. The remote filter mount has my temp and pressue sensors in it.

Basically I noticed a 10psi drop. From one side of the cooler to the other.

I had to take the sump off when I put my turbo oil drain in. So at that same time I put a couple of washers in the oil pressure releif valve, to stifen it up and compensate the pressure loss.

I now have 83psi at the remote filter going in to the motor. Stock is 75-80.
      Deano.

Comment

aaah i c i c, thanx for that.. basicly if u dont raise ur oil pressure after fitting a oil cooler no more vtak!!!

okaly dokes! ill do it all at once.. will have 2 hold on 2 fitting the baffled sump for when i get a oil cooler!

thanks for that and good luck arron for ur track day mang!
        RWD + Boost =

Comment

yeah, DL001 pretty much covered all of it right there..

I think my next plan of action is an oil cooler + oil sump plate as well.. I'll be fitting the oil cooler when the sump plate goes on too...

thanks shifty.. i'm just going to have fun on the track.. not there to set any pb's, records or kill myself for that matter.. hehe..
          Wakefield 1:14.5640 - DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by DLO01 View Post

I now have 83psi at the remote filter going in to the motor. Stock is 75-80.

thanks for that info... did you notice any loss of power?

EDIT: dumb question considering you are running turbo :doh:
            Last edited by tinkerbell; 16-07-07, 10:01 AM.
            ... retired/

Comment

yes the stock itr sump has some baffling. its still best to get the sump plate when you are using semis!

you dont buy insurance because they want to have a crash, precautionary measures here people.

and yes oil coolers are a good idea but you need to be careful with them as mentioned above.
              Originally posted by tinkerbell
              if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

Originally posted by IcemaN View Post
                yes the stock itr sump has some baffling.

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Working...
                X