Post track day brake fluid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twmwong View Post
    Yeah that....I have not changed my brake fluid (RBF600) for 2 and a half years on my Spoon+Project Mu setup...same in combination with my brake pads (gone to about 4-5 track days + normal driving to school and work)...My brake feel is still feeling pretty hard on the pedals
    You are a very very brave man for not bleeding them before a track day. Either that or you are not pushing hard enough on the track
    I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
      You are a very very brave man for not bleeding them before a track day. Either that or you are not pushing hard enough on the track
      I am pushing hard on the track man....I'm doing my best of 1.46 at Winton on street tyres....maybe I am good to my brakes...dun brake them hard enough la ...but yeah...I dun suddenly late brake and step on it hard...I step on it a few steps progressively when I brake

Well...at least they last me a fair while up until my last track day...save me a lot of money with this setup (I heard that some people bleed and change brake fluid & pads everytime they go to track)

Comment

Fluid, yes. Pads.... Check... Maybe. (Me- EBC Red F - OEM R)

RBF600, Like most of us (by the sounds of things) & Vac bleeder. I only need to drag out, maybe 100ml's - 150 mls a caliper. It goes clear( gold'd yellow)...unheat affected. I run braided lines, which might help localise the heat a bit.

Once it's been hammered at the track.... A quick top-up bleed, is all I given it. But it's had quite a few lately. Before round1 SSC & after...

Brake fluid doesn't last take long after you break the moister seal anyway. So, I'm happy to buy it in that 250ml size.
        sigpic
        B.L.A.T Racing.
        Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

Working...
        X