Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking your car!

Hey guys,

Massive noob to the whole tracking business. I'm planning on taking my car to the track hopefully sometime next year but I'm not familiar what to do pre-track, more like wtf do i do to my car in order for it to be pre-pared for the track. I'm sure there's many track gurus on here that have some great knowledge that they'd like to share with me and the whole ClubITR community!

Cheers guys
    Have a read of my build thread

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-helpful-stuff

Comment

Best!

Comment

Whenever i go to the track. I have bought tools and spare fluid before but i never needed it.

Just as a precaution, service you car not long before you head out and bleed the brake fluid once you come back. Thats all i would really do.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Do a basic service on your car and go . its that simple . So long as there are no oil leaks and your brakes work, you'll be fine. Going to a track day vs getting your car competitive is 2 different things imo.

Comment

here is some info i prepared regarding Supersprints, http://jscc.asn.au/index.php?option=...tion&Itemid=48

some of the sections should help you

please post up more specific details of what you want to know (e.g. any questions arising from reading the supersprinting FAQ)

you could also tell us:

what 'track day' you will be attending
            what car you will be tracking
            what you want to get out of the day
            what tyres you have

these will help us help you
            Last edited by tinkerbell; 12-12-12, 07:45 AM.
            ... retired/

Comment

Thanks for the SOLID responses guys, really gives me an insight of how important track prep is!

@Tinkerbell

what 'track day' you will be attending - Private track day at wakefield
              what car you will be tracking - 02 DC5R
              what you want to get out of the day - experience of the track and learning about my car
              what tyres you have - re001's soon to be re002's or federal 595 rsr's

Comment

Tracking your car!

I didn't read any of the links but remember a cool down Lap after your last lap and don't use the brakes during it. Don't use your hand brake when you return to the garage.

Comment

One of the most important things when heading to the track first time is get enough rest or sleep the night before. Alot of people gets excited and anxious with the track day the next day and only get a few hours sleep. I've seen this too many times and i used to do it in the early stages when i went to the tracked. You need all the concentration for the track day.

If your heading out for the first time, good idea to get a experience track person or driver instructor sit in with you to show you some pointers. Circuit Club organized events are a great place to start
                  BYP Racing & Developments
                  Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                  STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

good read on the supersprint and re: having good night sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                      Thanks for the SOLID responses guys, really gives me an insight of how important track prep is!

@Tinkerbell

what 'track day' you will be attending - Private track day at wakefield
                      what car you will be tracking - 02 DC5R
                      what you want to get out of the day - experience of the track and learning about my car
                      what tyres you have - re001's soon to be re002's or federal 595 rsr's
                      private track days can be good & bad - the good ones are where there are full support teams, including driver trainers and flaggies (e.g. circuit club, trackschool), the bad ones are the ones where you dont have anyone there (e.g. 'speed off the streets" days)

DC5R is a good car to start learning with, and good that you dont have semi-slicks - you will learn more with less traction

when you get closer to the day, check back here and let us know how your prep is going, just so you can feeel more confident about "being ready", so you can get a good nights sleep
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
                        One of the most important things when heading to the track first time is get enough rest or sleep the night before. Alot of people gets excited and anxious with the track day the next day and only get a few hours sleep. I've seen this too many times and i used to do it in the early stages when i went to the tracked. You need all the concentration for the track day.
                        This, I attended my first track day yesterday (wasn't driving though) went there with a mate for his first time.
                        He was so excited about the day the night before he couldn't sleep so stayed up all night researching and getting tips..
                        The drive up to winton can be quite draining and takes a lot out of you, but when you get there it all your sleepiness flys out the window with the anticipation of the track.
                        But after a couple of laps around the track he started loosing concentration and got tired.
                        I told him to calm down a bit and have a break, drink water and get something to eat. From there on he felt more energetic and his driving was good for the rest of the day..
                        Just my view of a first timers track day.
                        Sleep is more important than you think.
                        S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

here is an important discussion from CAMS regarding hydration & motorsport:

http://www.cams.com.au/en/Safety/Clear_to_Steer.aspx
                          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
                            This, I attended my first track day yesterday (wasn't driving though) went there with a mate for his first time.
                            He was so excited about the day the night before he couldn't sleep so stayed up all night researching and getting tips..
                            The drive up to winton can be quite draining and takes a lot out of you, but when you get there it all your sleepiness flys out the window with the anticipation of the track.
                            But after a couple of laps around the track he started loosing concentration and got tired.
                            I told him to calm down a bit and have a break, drink water and get something to eat. From there on he felt more energetic and his driving was good for the rest of the day..
                            Just my view of a first timers track day.
                            Sleep is more important than you think.
                            That was sort of like me yesterday at wakefield =D

the drive back is deadly, if your sleepy you got to stop....=D
                            AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

As for tyres mate, I used to track in RE002's for my first track day and then moved right onto A050 on my second track day. In my opinion I would opt for the RSR's, generally they are better with heat than the RE002. When heat gets into the RE002, it just under under under steers ... and can get heat into them very quickly. Read about the RSR's into more depth, that is what I would choose as a bang for buck tyre, esp if you are a beginner! Then after u gain confidence and feel u need better tyres, look into the semi slick range (A050/R888/FZ101)

Comment

Working...
                              X