DC5 Tie end rods on RDS's/Aftermarkt suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Tie end rods on RDS's/Aftermarkt suspension

hey all, Im wanting to change my suspension over to buddyclub racing spec dampers and i want to know what camber range adjustment can be achieved on stock tie end rods before they lose toe adjustment.

i thought as well as helping me out, people can add their own knowledge to make a comprehensive list of all branded DC5 coilovers listing the abovementioned, damper type, spring rates, damping adjustment (bump/rebound or just single adjustments) etcetc for a good resource to refer to for both current and future members. Feel free to add in any important info i forget
    We can start by listing the info on here and i could turn it into a "pretty" spreadsheet attached to this first post and update it as we get more data down.

Also i know no one in sydney that is on RSD's, if anyone has them i would be very keen to see how they ride, i should be at the jdmst EOMM tonite if anyone is interested in a free drink somewhere

Ill start this off with my current dampers

BC Racing V1 dampers
    max camber: 2.5 (stock tie end rods)
    damper type: standard non monotube design
    spring rates: 6/6 (mine) but this varies
    damping adjustment: 30 way bounce/rebound adjustable, non linear

have fun and in for RSD info

tein monoflex
    max camber: 1 1/4 (stock tie rods..lowered an inch)
    damper type: monotube inverted
    spring rates...7/10
    damping adjustment: 32 (with edfc...16 w/o)

want to come eomm but car is dirty
    Last edited by crashprash; 30-01-11, 03:41 PM.
    Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
    Flickr
    my car blog - Have a read
    my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

My current dampers:

Mugen N1 dampers with Mugen lower brackets
      Front camber: -5 but modified or aftermarket tie rods are a necessity. Not adjustable.
      Damper type: F inverted monotube with 44mm piston. R Twin tube
      Spring Rates: F 14kg/mm R 28kg/mm. Mugen sell rates between 14-18 for the front and 26-32 at the rear
      Damping adjustment: 5 step front and no steps/clicks at the rear. No idea what it adjusts or what the mechanism is.

Comment

Working...
      X