• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tein Mono Flex

Tein Mono Flex 7kg (f) & 10kg (r)

Worth it?

Good bang for buck?

Any other suggestions with other choices?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

higher end bang for the buck... no other suggestions.
    ... retired/

Comment

how low can u go with them?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        how low can u go with them?
        i think ive commented about them in the coilovers thread. You can lower them as much as you want without limitation.
        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Thanks Didz,

Im most liekly going to order these in a months time. Now to find the best palce to order them from.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

I'll buy them off you when you part out your car in 2 months time.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
              I'll buy them off you when you part out your car in 2 months time.
              lolz..so true:P

chk the price of toda fightex DA, and cusco and tanabe as well...depends on if u need edfc or not..
              Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
              Flickr
              my car blog - Have a read
              my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

I might ocnsider the edfc later on, the rear is a pai nsometimes.... Prash, tell us how the mono flex feels when car is pushed on corners?
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

the only thing i can compare it to is stock sussy..so obviously its a lot better...it is quite stiffthough on a daily basis..and u get over the noise from the pillow mounts and the fact that the springs dont have a rubber coating like sotck sussy so they make a noise when they rub against the strut. obviosuly havent tested on track yet.
                  Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                  Flickr
                  my car blog - Have a read
                  my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Just doing a bit of research, and i found two types of Monoflex for the dc5;

Nengun's website;

GSA02-F1SS1
                    Spring rates are 7kg(f) and 10kg(r)/mm
                    http://www.nengun.com/tein/mono-flex - $2300 plus shipping

Ebay:

GSA28-FUSS1
                    spring rates are: 14kg(f) and 16kg(r)/mm
                    http://www.coolcarpartsonline.com/co...s-coilover-kit
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-...Q5fAccessories

Which is which? and since the second option has stiffer springs, wouldnt that be the better option for track work?

Even on tein's website, looking at the part number is GSA28-FUSS1. Here it shwos the spring rates are 14/16 kg/mm;

http://www.tein.com/price/acura.html.

Wondering why nengun shows a different part number?

But perfectrun.jp shows the same part number as nengun. Is there something to do with JDM / USDM coilovers of the same model, as it seems that usdm ones have a stiffer spring rate.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      Just doing a bit of research, and i found two types of Monoflex for the dc5;

Nengun's website;

GSA02-F1SS1
                      Spring rates are 7kg(f) and 10kg(r)/mm
                      http://www.nengun.com/tein/mono-flex - $2300 plus shipping

Ebay:

GSA28-FUSS1
                      spring rates are: 14kg(f) and 16kg(r)/mm
                      http://www.coolcarpartsonline.com/co...s-coilover-kit
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-...Q5fAccessories

Which is which? and since the second option has stiffer springs, wouldnt that be the better option for track work?

Even on tein's website, looking at the part number is GSA28-FUSS1. Here it shwos the spring rates are 14/16 kg/mm;

http://www.tein.com/price/acura.html.

Wondering why nengun shows a different part number?

But perfectrun.jp shows the same part number as nengun. Is there something to do with JDM / USDM coilovers of the same model, as it seems that usdm ones have a stiffer spring rate.
                      The nengun one is Winding master MONOFLEX

The other one is not the WINDING MASTER MONOFLEX. it is just CONTROL MASTER TYPE FLEX (according to the TEIN Website.). I think Flex is the older model and discontinued. I would get the nengun model.
                      Last edited by Didz; 01-01-11, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks Didz, sounds about right as the usdm ones are a few hundred dollars cheaper, but then they do also have higher spring rates.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Yeah I dont know what the deal is with those spring rates. Unless I am wrong and they increased the rates quite a bit. From my knowledge when I had my monoflex, there was only one model. There wasnt any JDM/USDM models, only one. I know mine was the one which originally had 7-10.

Comment

While not Integra specific I've had Mono Flex in my Z since 2008 and it was 1 step above Flex (which is now discontinued). Mono Flex is not newer than Flex.

Various coilover makers have a different rate for the US market. I know HKS USA has different rates and Tein may have started doing this recently. If you order from US sources you may end up with US spring rates. I bought mine from Japan but I also don't recall there being US rates at the time.
                            00-0138 ITR

Comment

Originally posted by michaelz View Post
                              While not Integra specific I've had Mono Flex in my Z since 2008 and it was 1 step above Flex (which is now discontinued). Mono Flex is not newer than Flex.

Various coilover makers have a different rate for the US market. I know HKS USA has different rates and Tein may have started doing this recently. If you order from US sources you may end up with US spring rates. I bought mine from Japan but I also don't recall there being US rates at the time.
                              The reason I believe the Monoflex for the DC5R is not region specific with it's spring rates is because when I rang fulcrum to get a quote on rebuilding mine, I was told that the Monoflex only come in one configuration as they are "Not for street applications."

I believe what they told me as it took them several days to get back to me with information as they apparently had to confirm with Tein Japan with regards to rebuilding my coils. This is because I had different springs (10kg/12kg) and did not tell them and so they had to investigate.

Comment

Working...
                              X