Upgrading Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading Header

A little noob in this department and need your guys help with a few questions
    Mods are suspension and cai, with stock exhaust. i'm looking at getting the clubrsx racing header with the angled cel and spring bolts, welded with high flow cat.

1. If i install the header and cat first, is there going to be any install problem if I later swap out the entire catback exhaust? Will they have to cut into anything? Was looking at the Fuji powergetter.

2. Any cat recommendations?

3. Is it necessary to get ESMMs or motor mounts? Don't have the money for MM's atm so was gonna settle for the inserts, but i hear the vibrations are almost unbearable. Or is there another option available? if i get the cat welded with a flex pipe, will it be enough to reduce strain on the header?

4. Is there anything else i need to complete my setup?

I've been lurking here for a while but now I need help Cheers.
    Last edited by p33r; 20-10-10, 10:40 AM.

1. if it fits oem catback should fit most jap catbacks ..mite need to change front sway to fit the header..safest option is ep3r)

2. 100 cell hi flow cat

3. i have esmms in my car..they settle down after 1-2k kms...mugen/spoon mounts are softer...its bearable for me...flex pipe mite not be enough.

4. maybe some sensor bungs? front sway? - not sure
    Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
    Flickr
    my car blog - Have a read
    my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

just keep in mind though. A 100 cell hi flow cat if going to emissions tests will not past. Off memory need 200 cell.

Comment

AUDM and JDM header exit on different angles... where the Cat bolts up to the cat back.

I can only assume that the USDM headers (Thus the ClubRSX headers) don't have the JDM friendly cat angle out of the factory, so you might have to look into getting this modified, or else you'll have an exhaust leak.

Just something to keep in mind. I've also read that you don't need to change the front sway bar to run these headers.

Comment

Yea header fits fine with sway bar so no problems there, i think i will have to weld the cat with a flexi to fill up a gap?
          what are sensor bungs?
          I do need to pass the pits every year, so I need a 200 cell cat?
          Anyone else with this header that has first hand experience?

Thanks for the input guys

Comment

How is the clubrsx header anyways? My suggestion in to this is wait for toda au to come up with a final price for their header group buy.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by p33r View Post
              A little noob in this department and need your guys help with a few questions
              Mods are suspension and cai, with stock exhaust. i'm looking at getting the clubrsx racing header with the angled cel and spring bolts, welded with high flow cat.

1. If i install the header and cat first, is there going to be any install problem if I later swap out the entire catback exhaust? Will they have to cut into anything? Was looking at the Fuji powergetter.

2. Any cat recommendations?

3. Is it necessary to get ESMMs or motor mounts? Don't have the money for MM's atm so was gonna settle for the inserts, but i hear the vibrations are almost unbearable. Or is there another option available? if i get the cat welded with a flex pipe, will it be enough to reduce strain on the header?

4. Is there anything else i need to complete my setup?

I've been lurking here for a while but now I need help Cheers.

this is exactly my setup mate, clubrsx header > welded 200cell cat inbetween test pipe and fuji powergetter.

1. when the cat is welded the exhaust shop should make it match the oem angles and it should fit fine, or you can take the whole system to them so they can weld the cat to make the powergetter tuck up a bit more as pretty much all dc5 catback b-pipe hang quite low.

2. i dnt know what cat i used but i think its a metal cat. 200 cell is best as it wont stink up like a 100cell.

3. i am running this system with 60 innovative mounts, you should use esmms as a minimum when running aftermarket headers as the header experiences higher stresses due to their longer length and the fact that they dont mount mid span like oem does. esmms vibrate more than innovative so a good alternative is mugen mounts.

4. you will need longer bolts off memory to match oem spring bolts to the header/cat but you will see during install. maybe upgrade the donut gasket instead of using the clubrsx supplied one. angled cel from ebay and your done

looks like this

the exhaust sits pretty much perfect i think?

Last edited by stevan; 24-10-10, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Steve, did u change to club rsx? Thought u have kidd racing?

Comment

Originally posted by sugz View Post
                  Steve, did u change to club rsx? Thought u have kidd racing?
                  its the same thing, same manufacturer different distributor. clubrsx used to sell it but the guy i bought it from undercut them. they only recently started to sell it again.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                    this is exactly my setup mate, clubrsx header > welded 200cell cat inbetween test pipe and fuji powergetter.

1. when the cat is welded the exhaust shop should make it match the oem angles and it should fit fine, or you can take the whole system to them so they can weld the cat to make the powergetter tuck up a bit more as pretty much all dc5 catback b-pipe hang quite low.

2. i dnt know what cat i used but i think its a metal cat. 200 cell is best as it wont stink up like a 100cell.

3. i am running this system with 60 innovative mounts, you should use esmms as a minimum when running aftermarket headers as the header experiences higher stresses due to their longer length and the fact that they dont mount mid span like oem does. esmms vibrate more than innovative so a good alternative is mugen mounts.

4. you will need longer bolts off memory to match oem spring bolts to the header/cat but you will see during install. maybe upgrade the donut gasket instead of using the clubrsx supplied one. angled cel from ebay and your done

looks like this

the exhaust sits pretty much perfect i think?

Damn. That looks nice, thanks heaps
                    I would buy mounts but real tight budget for the moment, I will probably upgrade later if the vibrations are too much. I'm paying 30 bux for ESMMs so what the hell. Where'd you buy the header? if I could get it even cheaper, I would be a happy man, saves me more to spend on install etc

Also any suggestions on brand of cat and where to buy, or did the exhaust shop just organize all of it for you?

Comment

Damn. That looks nice, thanks heaps
                      I would buy mounts but real tight budget for the moment, I will probably upgrade later if the vibrations are too much. I'm paying 30 bux for ESMMs so what the hell. Where'd you buy the header? if I could get it even cheaper, I would be a happy man, saves me more to spend on install etc

Also any suggestions on brand of cat and where to buy, or did the exhaust shop just organize all of it for you?

I bought it from a seller off clubrsx forums that sold it over christmas last year for a ridiculous price, you can buy it from ebay, clubrsx or here,

http://www.kiddracing.com/site/onlin...honda-k-series

The only thing i must mention is do not buy the nitride coated (gold) header as it will have install issues with very tight slip joints. ESMM inserts will be fine for now dude. My cat was supplied by my mate who did the cut and weld but i think quite a few people use "metal cats" around here but im not too knowledgeable on cat brands and such so maybe someone else can chime in here?

Comment

i'd get a flex pipe of some sort.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

whats this toda group buy?
                          Blaze Orange

Comment

^Adrian from toda said he would see about a toda header group buy package depending on the amount of interest it got. there was a shitload of interest but still nothing's come up yet, partly why i'm going for these.

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                            I bought it from a seller off clubrsx forums that sold it over christmas last year for a ridiculous price, you can buy it from ebay, clubrsx or here,

http://www.kiddracing.com/site/onlin...honda-k-series

The only thing i must mention is do not buy the nitride coated (gold) header as it will have install issues with very tight slip joints. ESMM inserts will be fine for now dude. My cat was supplied by my mate who did the cut and weld but i think quite a few people use "metal cats" around here but im not too knowledgeable on cat brands and such so maybe someone else can chime in here?
                            i'm thinking of going for the innovative 60a now, have heard too many horror stories about the vibes and i love my a/c too much to ignore those. what's your impressions? for purely street use, is there a need to get the front mount too (the kit comes with the sides and rear only)? the way i see it, my modlist is gonna end up really similar to yours.
                            also where'd you get your innovatives, i'm looking to order everything through clubrsx since they're cheap and our dollars so good atm but am concerned about the warranty. is the lifetime warranty covered internationally?

cheers

Comment

^Adrian from toda said he would see about a toda header group buy package depending on the amount of interest it got. there was a shitload of interest but still nothing's come up yet, partly why i'm going for these.

i'm thinking of going for the innovative 60a now, have heard too many horror stories about the vibes and i love my a/c too much to ignore those. what's your impressions? for purely street use, is there a need to get the front mount too (the kit comes with the sides and rear only)? the way i see it, my modlist is gonna end up really similar to yours.
                              also where'd you get your innovatives, i'm looking to order everything through clubrsx since they're cheap and our dollars so good atm but am concerned about the warranty. is the lifetime warranty covered internationally?

cheers
                              Dude clubrsx are an absolute ripoff for shipping i reccomend getting them from somewhere else, i just bought mine from ebay i think i paid like 420 shipped in the end.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INNOV...Q5fAccessories

You dont need the front mount as that would be pretty overkill for almost all non turbo people. At first the mounts made a lot more cabin noise and vibrations through the wheel but after a couple weeks they settled in quite a bit and now it just makes driving MUCH better. You will get vibrations at low revs thats just the nature of the beast but its a neccesary compromise. I love them makes the car feel a lot more racey

i wouldnt worry too much about warranty either the only people that break these are big power engines that require new bushings to get pressed, mine are like new after a year. If you want a local dealer for these i believe shift were importing these for a while to send them a pm

Comment

Working...
                              X