X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
    btw ats uses OEM honda final drives and shot peens the gears

for dc5 anyways

just incase someone asked for what shot peen (peening meens)
    http://www.a-t-s-usa.com/ats-product...-peening.shtml

hmm im wondering if adding a tourque output is worth it for my spread sheet...
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

what else have you done to your car dang? (turbo? cams/internals?) and what tyres and size tyres are you using?

you can always reverse the effect of a higher final drive by using a larger diameter set of tyres/wheels... so put on a set of 205/55 or 205/60 tyres.. if they exist.. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
        hmm im wondering if adding a tourque output is worth it for my spread sheet...
        doeeettt!!!!!
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          doeeettt!!!!!
          atleast i got one die hard fan of my work ^_^...

ill do it tonight
          Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

does anyone know how you would get your speed calibrated to suit the final drive? ecu programming something to do with the gauges?

Comment

are you sure the speedo reads wrong with a different FD? cos it depends on where the speed reading is taken from. I suspect that the speed reading doesnt change when you change the FD...

Comment

pretty sure its wrong mate from a variety of people that has fd installed.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  for what car?
                  primarily the dc5r... but general info is good enough for now

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=42

hey Vin that was my spread sheet on gear ratios but you should be able to play around with the Final drives i believe.. in the custom gearbox part and see what speeds each gear will take you too

i only really know of ATS, spoon? (OEM spec?),i believe toda has a Fd as well..

and whats wrong with yours now ? im sure theres other stuff u can mod other than FD? not to mention the labor of getting someone to rip appart a gearbox and install a new FD for you =P or diy (with help from the resident mod with gearbox DIY thread?)

Not really interested in top speed really. I guess the main elements I'm interested in is the gained torque, extra rpm per gear/speed and etc.

I have a flyhwheel lying around and soon a clutch. Since I might be visiting that area soon might as well get some opinion/research early. But my clutch still bites god damn hard! "Not sure what expression to put here"

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
                      Vincent, if it's you who wants to get one, don't get one. Use the money you are going to use for FD to go to more track days instead.
                      I would like to do both.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                        pretty sure its wrong mate from a variety of people that has fd installed.
                        Speedo reading wrong was one off my concerns too and was wondering what ways there are to rectify it?

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                          I would like to do both.
                          Rich
                          I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                            Not really interested in top speed really. I guess the main elements I'm interested in is the gained torque, extra rpm per gear/speed and etc.

I have a flyhwheel lying around and soon a clutch. Since I might be visiting that area soon might as well get some opinion/research early. But my clutch still bites god damn hard! "Not sure what expression to put here"

if u think Fd is going to change your shift points and give you more RPm in each gear your much better off spending money else where =P.. i did tell you use my SS and then you will know even if you change your FD to and insane 8 to 1 which i dont think exist =P.. your RPM drop after each shift will still be the same!.. its gear ratios which effect the rpm drop not the FD.

and torque gain like what 00dc2 said is just (newFDratio/oldFDratio -1)*100
                            to get the percentage increase.

and if you think about it carefully because the FD lowers your top spead in each gear you technically get there faster so you are interested in the top speed changes =P

I updated the Spreadsheet so the riceboy Vin can see his new torque outputs with a new FD =p..

and seriously Vin if you wanna see the effect of changing all what u mentioned you would really have a serious look at the spreadsheet.
                            Last edited by Wlee2; 09-11-06, 05:34 AM.
                            Memorable quotes

Comment

^ what I meant by extra rpm wasn't meant in how much extra rpm I gain physically gain, but how much rpm higher I will be forced to be at per gear/speed.

Its only a thought this far... not solid interest yet in putting a FD as the extra fuel cost will def hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
                                Rich
                                Its all blood and sweat mate. And since I work hard for my money, I want to enjoy it.
                                Last edited by TeMp; 09-11-06, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X