Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate cooling

Hi guys

Have a question for you guys out there ....

I always want my engine to be as low temp as possible while driving so that it is at its peak ....

Any recomandation for cooling down the engine like what part to install that make a different in the temp of the engin ......

Thanks a lot guys
    Soichiro Honda says :" If Honda does not race ,there is no Honda"

low temp doesnt always equal peak performance..best mod would be thicker radiator, low temp thermostat/fanswitch
    Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
    Flickr
    my car blog - Have a read
    my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

you want all your temps with in there best operating range, as said above lower is not better. The only part i would add for above is an oil cooler.

For daiily driving i wouldnt worrie to much about all this. There more for track work
      Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
      http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

80-90degrees is pretty optimal..
        MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

lowest isn't the best...

if you track, you probably want to think about an oil cooler for a start and once you start to produce some heat then look for thicker radiator and whilst you are install a radiator you could put in a new thermostat as well.
          '03 Integra DC5 Type R
          Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
          Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
          Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Thanks guys .....
            Hmmmmm i think i learn abit more now .....
            Soichiro Honda says :" If Honda does not race ,there is no Honda"

Comment

yeah, you need to focus on "reliability" rather than anything else.

rely on the thermostat to keep the temp where is "should be" - i.e. where Honda designed it to be...
              ... retired/

Comment

the real reason why low thermo stats are used on track cars is because things get hot really quickly and it might get too hot before a normal thermo open's fully.

Anyway, we used to run a stock thermo on our Supersprint car and it would do 8~10 laps with no cooling issues.

Also, removing the thermo is a bad idea - because if you look at the design of the thermo, when opened, it would actually block a bypass channel forcing the water through the radiator. If you remove the thermo without blocking off this bypass channel, don't be surprise if you actually overheat.
                MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Working...
                X