X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camber_angle

Comment

Originally posted by TypeWhut View Post
      cheers i will, just got my car back felt normal just the wheels looked slanted haha, is it safe to drive actually? the toe is 0 but there is camber
      Ive been driving with -3.0 degree camber for a few months now, no problems. Before that i was driving with -1.8 deg for about a year. If anything, a little camber will make your car safer!
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

is there alot of tire wear may i ask? and can it possibly f up the steering rack?

Comment

Camber will not damage the steering rack. It will make the car harder to drive in a straight line in extreme conditions (> -4.0`).

Tie rod angle can damage the steering rack due to overloading it. The fix is inverted tie rod ends and steering rack bracket. I dare say a very large majority of the old school CITR crew run these two items.

Comment

Cheers i will buy one! thanks monty and others who contributed! =)

Last edited by TypeWhut; 02-08-10, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeWhut View Post
              is there alot of tire wear may i ask? and can it possibly f up the steering rack?
              The amount of camber wear depends on how much you have. I would say up to -2deg you probably wont get much wear if at all. More than 2 degrees and you may notice some slight shoulder wear.
              Although from my own experience, I have not noticed any adverse camber wear so far. Some of it depends on your driving style on the normal roads, where you would presumably do most of your driving and most of the tyre wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                The amount of camber wear depends on how much you have. I would say up to -2deg you probably wont get much wear if at all. More than 2 degrees and you may notice some slight shoulder wear.
                Although from my own experience, I have not noticed any adverse camber wear so far. Some of it depends on your driving style on the normal roads, where you would presumably do most of your driving and most of the tyre wear.
                Other factors are toe and distance travelled. Tom bought non directional tyres so he could rotate left to right and front to back and got awesome milage out of a set, even with his mad camber factor.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                  Other factors are toe and distance travelled. Tom bought non directional tyres so he could rotate left to right and front to back and got awesome milage out of a set, even with his mad camber factor.
                  Yeah thinking outside the square helps! I do also remember a dubious set of RE001's he was using as well....

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                    Yeah thinking outside the square helps! I do also remember a dubious set of RE001's he was using as well....
                    Every set of tyres Tom owns are dubious at some stage of their life. It's about optimization, not to be confused with ghetto tyre wear.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                      Every set of tyres Tom owns are dubious at some stage of their life. It's about optimization, not to be confused with ghetto tyre wear.
                      Hey. That's slander. Hey .

Seriously though, I have somewhat changed my mind about camber wear. At high levels of camber (>-2.5) camber wear will be noticable, but only such that the inner will tend to be a bit iffy by the time the rest of the tyre hits the treadwear markers. I have also noticed that inner shoulder wear with camber is worse with lower profile tyres on larger diameter wheels, and tyre pressure has to be monitored closely or wear will be heavily accelerated.

Comment

You've changed... this will take some getting used to the new Tom.

Comment

Working...
                        X