DC5R Buddy Club RSD help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Buddy Club RSD help

So i recently bought second hand coilovers for my DC5R, it's Buddy Club Racing Spec i installed it and went to get a wheel alignment. Problem was they did the toe only but the camber wasn't adjusted because there weren't enough threads on the tie rods, do i need inverted tie rods? please help

I believe that in order to get more camber/dump the DC5, you need to add camber. More camber = more low. More low = more camber. If that makes sense...
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

do i need camber?

Comment

When you make it lower, you run out of thread on the tie rods. So to get 0 toe you need to add more negative camber.

Comment

Hi, i was looking at getting a set of the BuddyClub N+, read alot of these issues.

From what i can gather, you only get this problem when lowering the car alot? Raise it a little and you wont have the problem?

Correct me if im wrong.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeh, raising it should resolve a good portion of the problem. Inverted tie rods can help as well.

Comment

Did the tie rods bottom out or did you run out of threads on the end, as in the tie rod ends were in danger of coming off the end of the tie rod? What camber settings were you trying to obtain?

Comment

I thought RSDs were better for this due to the lower steering arm position. Methinks we need more info.

Comment

Like my mechanic said my car has camber, but he made the toe correctly in place, he tried making the camber to 0 degrees but couldn't because he maxed out the camber adjusting mechanism. And he tried to fix the tie rods but they didn't have enough threads. Yes it was in danger

Comment

Why is he trying to put 0 camber in?

With such a low car you should be running around -1.5 to -2.0 on the front. Extreme guys here are running -4.0. 0 camber isn't recommended for anything other than a drag setup.

I would recommend finding a decent alignment place. Where are you located?

Comment

As above. Set the camber to a reasonable value in the range from -1.5 to -2.5. Zero toe. Problem solved.

Comment

This may be a nub question but,
                        Would you run the same 1.5-2.0 camber at the back?
                        sigpic

Comment

south western cabra/canley

Comment

Originally posted by TypeWhut View Post
                            south western cabra/canley
                            Take your car to Jax Tyres at Liverpool and ask for Aaron.

Comment

cheers i will, just got my car back felt normal just the wheels looked slanted haha, is it safe to drive actually? the toe is 0 but there is camber
                              Last edited by TypeWhut; 02-08-10, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X