No announcement yet.

DC2 Vtec Smell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probably depends on what fuel ur using eg bp, shell etc and wat type of oil your running and how hard to give it to your car.

Comment

Its definitely a power leak -- its getting out the vtac!

Comment

srsly,

if honda tried to sell a car that had an awful smell whilst you were driving it - it would fail.

so any car that now smells whilst you are driving it has a problem
        ... retired/

Comment

ive owned my dc2r since new. When driven hard there is a slight burning smell.

My car does not burn oil

my car does not leak oil

my car only has 70k kms on it

My only explanation is that it doesn't get driven hard often, and you get a combination of clutch and maybe a bit of blowby or something like that... ive had that "issue" since new... funnily enough, from Honda...

if your interested in the car do a leakdown test, that will tell you if the rings are sealing properly, and a compression test will give you compression figures...

check the bay and underside for leaks

Comment

Seeing as the smell enters the cabin, could it be an exhaust leak upstream of the cat?

My DC5 smells sometimes when spanked, and I am at a loss as to why. I actually thought it might have been due to the catalytic converter not being properly up to temperature and not working effectivley or something.... The smell is that rotten egg/fireworks kinda smell. Never happens after the car has been running for a while, only towards the start of a journey. I.e in the 1st 5-15min, after the engine is warm.

Comment

Working...
            X