DC2 Vtec Smell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2 Vtec Smell?

Hey everyone, im new to the forum and im hoping to purchase a nice, clean dc2 type r. I've looked at a few and came across one last night. After the vtec came on, this smell was released. The owner said it was the oil as they use a shit load of it when the vtec is engaged...

It got me a bit worried so i thought id ask you guys and hopefully i could get some feedback.

Thanks
    Ricardo

might have an oil leak or something very weird, cant say my car smells of oil after vtec or uses oil, drinks fuel though on vtec.

Comment

It didnt really smell like oil but it was quite wierd. Could it be fuel?
      Im sorry if these arent the best quesitons im just a little worried... dont want to buy a car with oil leaks!

Comment

could be your fuel

sometime it has a egg smell
        Blaze Orange

Comment

My car has that too same with my friends dc2r. I wouldn't say it's normal but kind of common. Probably check it out next week.

Comment

Does it smell like fireworks?

Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinfox
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

yeah mine has it when i really give it to it, pretty sure its normal, just smells like burnt fuel cuz it burns so much

Comment

Thanks heaps guys for your feedback. Really appreciate it.

Comment

mine doesn't smell when i use VTEC?
                  ... retired/

Comment

My old car smelt like burning oil when using VTEC... because it burnt oil!

My new DC2R doesn't smell at all when in VTEC.
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo View Post
                      The owner said it was the oil as they use a shit load of it when the vtec is engaged...
                      Sound like BS to me... as if he already knows there could be something wrong with his car, and already had an excuse for it if anyone asked about the smell.
                      My car has no weird smell when I VTEC... and that's pretty much every drive.

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                        My old car smelt like burning oil when using VTEC... because it burnt oil!
                        same as my car.. burning oil FTL
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

i actually took my car out last night because of this thread lol

and no mine dint smell in vtec or anytime afterwards..

Comment

now that is good commitment!!!!
                            ... retired/

Comment

look for smoke or get a friend to watch while you drive past. and check what colour.

.... could also just be the smell of awesomeness.

Comment

Working...
                              X