dc5R standard clutch life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dc5R standard clutch life?

ive done a search cant find anything, obviously every car is different depending on driving history etc you change a clutch when it goes but can anyone help what sort of kms they usually need replacing?

Super hard to put an estimate on this ..

"how long is a piece of string"

the biggest variable is how it is driven ? not really a quanitifiable variable..
    so you cant really quantify the wear on it..

something interesting that i learnt from dangaz .. was that if u come to a complete stop .. and u try to take off in 4th gear ..

if you can take off .. its time to replace the clutch ..
    if it stalls .. you still have time to go..

i guess the only thing you can really do is be attentive and monitor when your clutch is slipping and under what conditions..

if you are just looknig for an excuse to change to a aftermarket clutch and flywheel .. =p DO IT!
    Farewell TYP88R

Comment

go on hill start on 1st on pretty high rev and see if it slips

i replaced mine around 70000km and there was still a fair bit of life in them

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

50000 km plus to be reasonable unless excessive abuse of the clutch was done by the owner

Comment

Originally posted by tofuR View Post
          Super hard to put an estimate on this ..

"how long is a piece of string"

the biggest variable is how it is driven ? not really a quanitifiable variable..
          so you cant really quantify the wear on it..

something interesting that i learnt from dangaz .. was that if u come to a complete stop .. and u try to take off in 4th gear ..

if you can take off .. its time to replace the clutch ..
          if it stalls .. you still have time to go..

i guess the only thing you can really do is be attentive and monitor when your clutch is slipping and under what conditions..

if you are just looknig for an excuse to change to a aftermarket clutch and flywheel .. =p DO IT!
          i took off in 4th at lunch time and it stalled so hopefuuly its got plenty of life left in it, the cars is on 105,000kms and doesnt slip in any gear. Nah im not looking for any excuses for a aftermarket clutch!

Comment

My previous dc5r had 120 000kms on it and the clutch was fine - probly has 130 000kms or so on it now, maybe 45SET can confirm as he purchased my old dc5.

My current DC5 has 57 000kms on the clock and has been reasonably modded from day one and done many track days and a few runs down the quarter and the clutch i believe is still fine, doesn't slip at all.

Like others said it all comes down to how you drive your car and in addition to this how much power your car is making. I know the exedy clutch in davidd's supercharged dc5 only lasted 30-40 000kms
            NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Yeh but dave drives like a maniac tony..heh

mine has 70,000ks on it and is driven moderately hard and isnt slipping at all

Comment

im nearing 90,000kms on my first clutch

Comment

75000 on the 1st clutch... went through a world of torment weekly launches downshifting excessively, riding the clutch from anything worse as possible. i rekon it is still drivable until 80000+ but the bite of course and slips like a slippery banana!
                  www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

i changed mine at 55000km...coz i ride my clutch too much! LOL
                    So Hot & Deadly

Comment

most of us heel and toe yeh?.. im on 103000 on standard clutch and about 10 trackdays a year over the last 3 years!

so i guess going to track doesnt burn your clutch! no excuses for not coming to the track anymore HAHA

Comment

i sold my dc5r with 143,000 and the clutch was fine

learnt manual on the car as well
                        Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCoastDC5R View Post
                          My previous dc5r had 120 000kms on it and the clutch was fine - probly has 130 000kms or so on it now, maybe 45SET can confirm as he purchased my old dc5.
                          Up to 126 000... and still loves doing 3-4k launchs fark..... have i only done 6000k since i bought it off you in April..... DAMN. back on topic, no slipping what so ever.

Comment

kinda OT but still on the subject of clutches; can anybody NOT heel-toe like me or am i the only one without talent O.o

plus does it really make that much of a difference in increasing clutch life?
                            sif it's a girls car
                            sigpic

Comment

if anything, it probably decreases the clutch life. The more that you use the clutch the more it wears out.

Comment

Working...
                              X