DC5S Gruppe M, 2 Struts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S Gruppe M, 2 Struts?

I currently have a Mugen strut and I'm considering to get a Gruppe M, but I've seen in a few pictures where some people were able to manage to get 2 struts on... I'm not sure whether it's their DC5R's or /S'
    So basically my question is, can the DC5S have 2 struts with a Gruppe M like the DC5R can?

If it can which 2 can you have on at the same time?

I kind of would like 2 struts I might even consider just getting a Mugen intake instead...

Thanks,

Ray

I think you might have trouble with 2 strut braces on a DC5S, because the OEM one is so much fatter and attaches at more points, and often needs to be removed to fit aftermarket strut bars. I have the stock strut bar, a Mugen strut bar and Gruppe M on a DC5R though. Just don't get an aftermarket front strut bar, Gruppe M > Mugen .

Comment

and aftermarket strut bar wudnt do much for a dc5s as it is alredy a 4 point and has more mounts than the dc5r. unless u get a titanium or the carbing 4 point..but u cant have 2 anyway..sacrifice the extra bar fro teh gruppe m..its worth it.
      Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
      Flickr
      my car blog - Have a read
      my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Speaking of strut bars then, I've heard the Cusco front strut doesn't fit the GruppeM and possibly not even the Mugen intake. True?

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
          Speaking of strut bars then, I've heard the Cusco front strut doesn't fit the GruppeM and possibly not even the Mugen intake. True?
          Running a Spoon Front strust bar on the S with a Mugen intake, fits just fine!

Comment

u can run 2 strut bars on a dc5S but u need a dc5R OEM strut and then your aftermarket 1.. if u wanna do this u can wit a j's racing bar but not sure about other brands tho.. The J's racing bar clears a gruppe m but it can damage a mugen intake not much room to move..

hope this helps mate
            FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Working...
            X