Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help! O2 sensor issue on race header noob question

Hi Folks:

I am almost fit my Toda header on my DC5R with Mugen exhaust, but I relise it needs a extension for the O2 sensor. After I researched on here and CRSX, I found there are 2 sensors (secondary & primary O2 sensor). The question is do I need get 2 extensions for both sensors? how long they are suppose to be? If I want to get a defouler to avoid the CEL, do I need 2 of them for both sensors as well?
    Also, I read 1 of post in this forum not long ago, 1 of menber mention the CEL issue after RH fitted on DC5, it only appear on Type-S, not on Type-R, is that true?

Very very appreciate if any member can help my noob ques here!!

SL

Did you get a cat or just install the headers straight onto your exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
      Did you get a cat or just install the headers straight onto your exhaust?
      No cat mate..

Comment

anyone knows?
        Please help!!

Comment

I fitted a Toda header without extending the primary 02 sensor, it was fairly tight though, but you will need to extend the secondary. Also you will get a check engine light if you have no cat, unless you use a defouler or some other means to prevent it. No defouler required on the primary.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            I fitted a Toda header without extending the primary 02 sensor, it was fairly tight though, but you will need to extend the secondary. Also you will get a check engine light if you have no cat, unless you use a defouler or some other means to prevent it. No defouler required on the primary.
            Yes, you will get CEL. You can get it extended by any car electricians for cheap instead of getting the extension itself. Good luck
            - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by yakuza View Post
              No cat mate..
              Probably in your best interest to grab a cat then. Remove the light and avoid EPA.

Comment

Thanks for you guys input!! By the way, is the defouler really can get rid of the CEL? How often it does not work?

Comment

i installed a race header with a welded 200 cell cat and got a cel in 10 mins, bought an angled defouler and hasnt come back since. i have read that some guys running catless even with a defouler get cel's every now and again and have to put on another bung to further distance the sensor to the exhaust airflow.

Comment

Originally posted by yakuza View Post
                    Hi Folks:

I am almost fit my Toda header on my DC5R with Mugen exhaust, but I relise it needs a extension for the O2 sensor. After I researched on here and CRSX, I found there are 2 sensors (secondary & primary O2 sensor). The question is do I need get 2 extensions for both sensors? how long they are suppose to be? If I want to get a defouler to avoid the CEL, do I need 2 of them for both sensors as well?
                    Also, I read 1 of post in this forum not long ago, 1 of menber mention the CEL issue after RH fitted on DC5, it only appear on Type-S, not on Type-R, is that true?

Very very appreciate if any member can help my noob ques here!!

SL
                    Fit the primary sensor in the most forward O2 bung.
                    Remove the service adaptor bung & fit it to the rear.
                    Fit the defouler to the now vacant service adaptor port,
                    Now fit the secondary O2 sensor to the defouler... (CEL eliminator)
                    & you're done... Neat, tidy & no tension on any wires.

If you have a K-Pro, skip buying the CEL eliminator & just turn the damn thing off.
                    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                    TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                    Official Australian Distributors
                    Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

I was in the exact same position.. ALso found that the wire for the secondary o2 sensor was too short. I foudn some slack up top near the engine/firewall..... and it was enough slack to reach the secondary o2 sensor!

I also had a CEL reading because of the hi-flo cat.. got an angeled defouler and havn't had a problem since! I got one from ebay!
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Like what Adrian said, you can disable it through the Kpro
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Thanks for everyone give such productive input. By the way, I surrender and do the right things, put a cat on my Toda header to avoid CEL and fine issue. I know it should be simple as get something match to the bore size of the header, but what size did you guys get? how many cells/S inch cat you got? and how is the result?
                          Also have you heard the cat brand of Loboka?

Cheers

SL

Comment

2.5" alright?

Comment

2.5" - 100 Cel/inch
                              (+ a ball flex joint to stop the headers cracking)
                              TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                              TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                              Official Australian Distributors
                              Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Working...
                              X