CF bonnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CF bonnet

im thinking of getting a cf bonnet but was worried about the legalities. Do i need bonnet pins, egineers cert? also if i was to diy, how do u fix the washer nozzles?

on a side note: what do u think abt a cf bonnet on a black type s? (havent seen many cf hoods on black cars)
    Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
    Flickr
    my car blog - Have a read
    my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Carbon fibre bonnets are illegal unless engineered for Australian Design Rule (ADR). There is only one I know of and it's an OEM design from Queensland. Boonet pins are illegal unless recessed and covered.

Washer nozzles are drilled into the bonnet like you would with fibreglass. If you were DIY handy you'd set them up under the rear edge of the bonnet to shoot upwards. A lot of German cars have that design.

I think a street car with a carbon bonnet is a stupid idea and also quite dangerous for pedestrians. You'll get attention from cops and have no real benefits. A black car disguises the cool factor with carbon anyway.

Comment

Black cars with carbon fibre bits is uber hotness!!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

I've got Carbon everywhere on my car. Never been pulled up for it, and it's all engineered. My car is a street car, and the pins and bonnet and everything is engineered.

Originally posted by ChargeR
        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Working...
        X