Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD player headunit, switch to have it on all the time and on only when e-brake is up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD player headunit, switch to have it on all the time and on only when e-brake is up

Hey guys, im going to install a dvd player head unit very soon. I want to install that switch that can make the movies run while the car is moving, and also on, only when the hand brake is pulled up, does someone mind telling me what parts are needed, and instructions if possible?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    Hey guys, im going to install a dvd player head unit very soon. I want to install that switch that can make the movies run while the car is moving, and also on, only when the hand brake is pulled up, does someone mind telling me what parts are needed, and instructions if possible?
    is all depends what deck u got man...on the clarion decks u just earth the trigger out and it allows u to watch dvds while driving and some decks u connect the trigger to power antenna

Comment

a friend of mine just has the brake up on one click...
      '08 Odyssey + '10 Mazda CX-7 (fs btw) + '10 Mazda 2
      wife made me sell the FN2R. bleh.

Comment

one click, i dont htink my hadnbrake light comes on.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

I've noticed the dc5 handbrake cable, gets loose easily... back after a service, it gets tightened, and only requires one click, after a week, tis loose again.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Sp00n View Post
            a friend of mine just has the brake up on one click...
            lol

Comment

Yeah my old clarion one you just had to earth it.. It was a TV/DVD ect. Get over that shit pretty quick... Glad I never installed it in the R... But yeah any deck you get will be easy peasy to by pass that unwanted feature..

Quote:
              Originally Posted by justinfox
              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

just ground it..

i've got a switch between the cable, and ground for my pioneer..
                works fine

Comment

Look at the wires connected to the back of your dvd player,find the cable thats meant to connect the handbrake,it should have tags on them if your not sure read your instruction manual,then simply ground it which means wire it to anything metal i.e a metal bracket behind the deck somewhere.And it will work fine.
                  All a handbrake does is act as a grounder when its fully up and doesnt ground when its down.
                  In addition to that if you want to add a switch,simply buy a switch from super cheap auto or sumwhere similar and depending where you want your switch connect it,you will need to lengthen your e-brake wire aswell.The switch goes anywhere along the e-brake wire,when its off it cuts off the connection and when its on it will be fully connected,kinda like how a fuse works,if its not in the item wont work but when its in it works.
                  Last edited by Dkonect; 14-04-10, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I am not sure but from memory mine needed a +ve feed, and the current one in my car is on all the time (was in the car when i purchased it)

Comment

its usually the really long wire... and green from memory?

Comment

if it's a pioneer, it's a green wire.. with some plastic clip on the end.. cut the clip on the end off, add a switch, buy some wire, connect the other end to ground

Comment

I ususally just ground or put a positive wire to it and call it a day. It all really depends on your head unit. Some units you can just ground some you have to add stuff.
                          "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Originally posted by DrTran View Post
                            I ususally just ground or put a positive wire to it and call it a day. It all really depends on your head unit. Some units you can just ground some you have to add stuff.
                            true my top of the line clarion dvd deck can just be earthed...but the cheaper ones cant be .. u have to connect them to the electrical aeriel! they must need some sort of signal or somethin :S

Comment

Working...
                            X