No announcement yet.

DC2R front speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont know about going to splits.. i hear they are better than coaxials and i want better SQ but i just dont know how the hell to mount everything.. where do i stick the tweeter nad run cable to it and how to mount it.. also where to put the filters. how to mount them... just seems so shitty

how much better are they?

Comment

ideally, the tweeter should be sitting right next to the bass speaker, but ppl like mounting it higher, somewhere close to the side view mirror or thereabouts...

the crossover (the thing you call filter) is usually mounted on the inside of the door trim, hidden from view. anywhere inside the door trim is fine. if you're actually making or buying spacers, there are some already made ones with holes for tweeters on it already.

how much better? let's just say that the "trouble" you'll go through installing them will be nothing compared to how much better they'll sound than a coax speaker. that is of course if you don't buy a cheap pair of crappy splits...

Comment

i am also looking at upgrading my speakers in my dc2r. are the front speakers the same size as the rear? ive heard focal are top shit, can i get direct replacement speakers that require no modification that will sound better than my standard ones.

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

yes same size
          yes many speakers will fit with no mod and better sound

Comment

would u say stock speakers are 6" or 5" ??

Comment

not sure but you can fit the 6" easy.

Splits def worth the effort for the sound staging etc coax u're getting sound blasted at your shins

Comment

stock are 6"

Comment

Originally posted by c01567 View Post
                  not sure but you can fit the 6" easy.

Splits def worth the effort for the sound staging etc coax u're getting sound blasted at your shins
                  you mean you can place the tweeters better, as the other drivers are in the same spot. Hertz tweeters on the coaxs are "pointable".. to help point them towards your head

Comment

Working...
                  X