No announcement yet.

Brembos on DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

totally off the topic, but dont really want to start a new thread.

wats the benefits of using the jdm driveshafts in the audm brembo conversion...? given that its not compulsory as we can just use the audm driveshaft instead. or so i read...
    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

you can't use jdm drive shaft unless you change to jdm lca .....jdm is longer.....
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

yea i know, but wat i meant with the brembo conversion is complete swap, jdm lca, hub, knuckle but still using audm driveshaft.

would changing to the longer jdm driveshaft be any beneficial? or should i just save my money and use my audm one.
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

audm drive shaft won't fit...coz its too short....
          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
          1)ブレーキを踏む
          2)クラッチを切る
          3)シフトダウンしなから、
            アクセルをぶかす
          4)クラッチをつなぐ
          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

or it may fit but certainly its not safe
            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
            1)ブレーキを踏む
            2)クラッチを切る
            3)シフトダウンしなから、
              アクセルをぶかす
            4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

hmm ive read around the forums and it seems like ppl has used audm driveshafts in the conversion.

can someone clarify this?
              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

it just pulling at the inner boot of the drive shaft. still useable.

Comment

does it pose any harm/damage? or is it 100% save to do so. sorry should have asked this before as well
                  bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Nah its not .....I had mind done and sure its not the right way to do it......I am sure its not safe.....but do it at ur own risk.....
                    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                    1)ブレーキを踏む
                    2)クラッチを切る
                    3)シフトダウンしなから、
                      アクセルをぶかす
                    4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                      yea i know, but wat i meant with the brembo conversion is complete swap, jdm lca, hub, knuckle but still using audm driveshaft.

would changing to the longer jdm driveshaft be any beneficial? or should i just save my money and use my audm one.
                      Do u really wanna be taking short cuts on such a huge part of your cars safety?
                      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

jj17.....If it is a complete swap, wouldn't you get the drive shafts??

Otherwise go the s2k discs if you wanna use the AUDM driveshaft/hub!

No point in using JDM parts (ie hubs etc) if you're not gonna do it right!

Comment

What do u want the swap for?? Rice is not the new black btw
                          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

yea thanks guys for contributing. thats all i need to know. Only reason i asked is because the set i bought does not come with the driveshaft (or so the seller said, as its getting posted).

and now i shall go buy some driveshafts. they come with Left and Right?
                            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Working...
                            X