Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brembos on DC5R

hey guys im looking to buy a set of brembos for my dc5r
    now would it be a straight fit on my disc's or would i need to change things around ??

There are two ways of doing it. Googling works a treat.

The first is a complete JDM swap including control arms, hubs and knuckles. The second is getting a custom bracket made up for caliper mounting and using S2K rotors.
    Last edited by m0nty; 03-01-10, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VT-11-RR View Post
      hey guys im looking to buy a set of brembos for my dc5r
      now would it be a straight fit on my disc's or would i need to change things around ??
      1 - Use DC5R or 350Z brembos calipers and they'll fit onto the hub. Otherwise you'll need custom brackets.

2 - If you decide to use OEM fitment brembos (JDM DC5R) you'll need to either use 7.5mm spacers on your existing discs together with longer wheel studs (recommended) or use S2K discs which have the correct offset (wont need longer studs for this).

3 - Get wheels which will clear the brembos.

There is some work involved so if you cant be bothered, just get some SPOON calipers

Comment

Originally posted by Nepolian View Post
        1 - Use DC5R or 350Z brembos calipers and they'll fit onto the hub. Otherwise you'll need custom brackets.

2 - If you decide to use OEM fitment brembos (JDM DC5R) you'll need to either use 7.5mm spacers on your existing discs together with longer wheel studs (recommended) or use S2K discs which have the correct offset (wont need longer studs for this).

3 - Get wheels which will clear the brembos.

There is some work involved so if you cant be bothered, just get some SPOON calipers
        So the studs on dc5r is to short after fitting brembos? would sk2 discs fir staight on to dc5r? im looking at a jdm dc5r brembo set and i have the jdm dc5r rims +60 offset

so just installing sk2 discs will do the job??

Comment

there is brembos inch up aftermarket gran turismo kit, there is a kit that fits the rsx-s so it should be a direct fit to our aus dc5r, but don't hold me to that though, you'd have to check em out
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

hmm, im also interested in this swap and im heading towards the jdm lca hub knuckle swap combo. however... in terms of of price.. a F&R set of jdm brembo swap would cost less than if i get spoon calipers(assuming need to get rotors + pads as well) right?
            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
              hmm, im also interested in this swap and im heading towards the jdm lca hub knuckle swap combo. however... in terms of of price.. a F&R set of jdm brembo swap would cost less than if i get spoon calipers(assuming need to get rotors + pads as well) right?
              You may get by just machining rotors. Brembo set ups can cost anywhere up to $1,400 delivered so RDA rotors, pads and Spoon calipers are sometimes very similar.

Ignoring the swap for a second, some guys here have posted reviews on Brembos and Spoon calipers with results being fairly similar to the stock brake package. For best results, get some quality rotors, pads, flush fluid and get a good quality fluid in it's place. All this can be done for much less than the above options.

Unless of course, you're after the "look" then carry on, but you will be bitterly disappointed when they feel no different.

Comment

Originally posted by VT-11-RR View Post
                So the studs on dc5r is to short after fitting brembos? would sk2 discs fir staight on to dc5r? im looking at a jdm dc5r brembo set and i have the jdm dc5r rims +60 offset

so just installing sk2 discs will do the job??
                Wont need spacers unless you are using OEM brembos with the discs you have!

Complete JDM and S2K setup will not require spacing!

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                  You may get by just machining rotors. Brembo set ups can cost anywhere up to $1,400 delivered so RDA rotors, pads and Spoon calipers are sometimes very similar.

Ignoring the swap for a second, some guys here have posted reviews on Brembos and Spoon calipers with results being fairly similar to the stock brake package. For best results, get some quality rotors, pads, flush fluid and get a good quality fluid in it's place. All this can be done for much less than the above options.

Unless of course, you're after the "look" then carry on, but you will be bitterly disappointed when they feel no different.
                  thanks for the info. so basically your saying that the 4 pot brembos/spoon performs not much better than stock?
                  bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                    thanks for the info. so basically your saying that the 4 pot brembos/spoon performs not much better than stock?
                    Without getting too technical.....

On the street there would not be that much of a difference. However under heavier braking ie...on the track....spirited driving etc....the four pots will prevail.

Comment

But having said that, in my experience the majority of people don't use brakes to the upper end of their limit anyway. People talk about brake fade but I could run a full 15 minute session at WP with no fade and just one cool down lap. I used Project Mu HC pads Motul RBF600 and OEM rotors. Apart from the rotors being torn up quickly I suffered no ill effects. Remember to weigh this up when you spend money on performance mods. Given the choice between a Brembo upgrade and a K Pro, I'd choose the K Pro every time.

Comment

what about un-sprung weight?

don't lightweight calipers improve handling?

what is the weight of OEM caliper + one piece rotor VS spoon + two piece rotor?
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          what about un-sprung weight?

don't lightweight calipers improve handling?

what is the weight of OEM caliper + one piece rotor VS spoon + two piece rotor?
                          All valid, but very minimal measurements and certainly not factros at our level of skill. So minimal that I think even a man with such amazing intarwebs skills would take some time to find the info on stock brake weights.

Comment

Anyone know if there is a Honda OEM calipers rebuild kit for the JDM Brembo Calipers?

Because at the moment, i will have my hands on a set of front & rear jdm brembo setup and i hope like it give them a clean before fitting it onto the car.
                            '03 Integra DC5 Type R
                            Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
                            Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
                            Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
                              Anyone know if there is a Honda OEM calipers rebuild kit for the JDM Brembo Calipers?

Because at the moment, i will have my hands on a set of front & rear jdm brembo setup and i hope like it give them a clean before fitting it onto the car.
                              Good question! I'd like to know myself, would like to service mine, it's had a hard life...

Comment

Working...
                              X