No announcement yet.

Energy Suspension motor mount inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, took the car tonight for a good drive around town to get the new bits a little more settled.

Have to say i was very happy with the handling of the car turning into corners, its almost as if the whole front end has stiffened up, got to drive it on the highway a bit also and didnt notice the vibration & noise as much.

Comment

Originally posted by k20eg View Post
      ow lawdy
      huh?

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
        huh?
        brah, that's hectic for a daily, lol
        k20A DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
          After 3 and a half years, my energy inserts behave as new, and have not softened up. ie: dash jumps half a cm on start up, and when air con is on you get a really nice massage.

Replacement stiffer mounts are even more hektic.
          Does the interior trim n dash sound like a rattle snake?

Thats been putting me off installing the inserts... just worried that i wont be able to tolerate the noise.

Plus, I'm really anal about stray noises my car makes... when i find one, i hunt it down and kill it!!

although in saying that, i can see myself smiling on the twisties with the added stiffness to the mounts...

Comment

Originally posted by quenjose View Post
            yes it will. depends on the rpm they come and go.

just turn the music up lol

Comment

Thats been putting me off installing the inserts... just worried that i wont be able to tolerate the noise.

Plus, I'm really anal about stray noises my car makes... when i find one, i hunt it down and kill it!!

although in saying that, i can see myself smiling on the twisties with the added stiffness to the mounts...
              Added stiffness outweighs the vibration & noise IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
                Added stiffness outweighs the vibration & noise IMO
                haha... i'm heading towards that too, but the angel inside me is telling me my mrs is gonna be wondering where the earthquakes are coming from... lol!

Comment

haha... i'm heading towards that too, but the angel inside me is telling me my mrs is gonna be wondering where the earthquakes are coming from... lol!
                  i sat my mrs in the car yesterday and told her that it would be much noisier & stuff would be vibrating & rattling but she didnt even notice

Comment

Lol!

Sold!

Comment

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...nserts+install

You might wanna check out the installation guide by ChargeR if u plan on doing the install yourself. i was able to do it the easy way cause i had the whole subframe out of the car at the time & didnt even have to remove the mounts from it.

Im going to chuck on the engine dampner to soon to see what effect it has, if any. will update this thread.

Comment

just tell the missus you have installed a message chair into your car and it works while the car is stationary haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
                          http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...nserts+install

You might wanna check out the installation guide by ChargeR if u plan on doing the install yourself. i was able to do it the easy way cause i had the whole subframe out of the car at the time & didnt even have to remove the mounts from it.

Im going to chuck on the engine dampner to soon to see what effect it has, if any. will update this thread.
                          I was thinking of doing it myself, but my mechanic quoted me $70 to do them... hard to say no to that, especially since i'd have to borrow my mates jack if i intend to do it myself.

I've got the j's engine damper on at the moment. It works, most noticeably when shifting from 1st to 2nd... smooth as butter. Overall, the front is slightly stiffer.
                          I managed to reduce the vibrations considerably by adding rubber o-rings in the joints.

Comment

Oh well if your mech only quoted you $70 for install you would be crazy not to give the job to him.

Tell me more about the O-rings & the placement of them.

Comment

LOL yeah, on idle, it's a little crazy. The steering wheel and dash shakes. Anything in the ashtray and door pockets rattle. I had a remote control for my headunit in my side pocket (what you use to close your door), LOL you should see it. Due to the vibrations, it's worn down the corner of the remote so it's not flat, and there is a hole in the handle pocket thing.

Oh also, I have the J's mount thing in there too. I took it out and put it in, adit's more vibrations with it in. So it's probably not too much rice.

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                              yes it will. depends on the rpm they come and go.

just turn the music up lol
                              I agree, get the subs pumping and you won't notice it.

Originally posted by k20eg View Post
                              brah, that's hectic for a daily, lol
                              Oh lol. Yep..... Bruv.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                              Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBRy2ClK-LU

I know this is poor form but this guy reckons this is a sound clip from his EP3-R after the ESMM install.

Comment

Working...
                                X