Energy Suspension motor mount inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Suspension motor mount inserts

Just done the clutch in my car today (didnt realise the whole subframe had to come out, FUUUUUUUUUU) and got a chance to finally install the polyurethane inserts I bought of here a while ago.

I managed to get them in without using grease or anything although it did require a little bit of love tapping with a mallet.

My first drive wasnt to bad although the amount of cabin vibration & noise is quit significant. the engine movement seems to feel more solid when braking or cornering hard but my main question is how long will it be before i can see the inserts settle down and not transmit as much noise/vibration through the cabin??

Pic for product reference only.

the noise will be there mate. but virbration will get better after a while, but still noticible at stand still and quite alot when air con is on while standing still.

u'll get used to it tho.

Comment

Get another alignment done

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
        Get another alignment done
        Would this be because i had to undo the sway bar or becuase the subfram was removed?

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
          the noise will be there mate. but virbration will get better after a while, but still noticible at stand still and quite alot when air con is on while standing still.

u'll get used to it tho.
          Hmmmmm, would it be the same with solid mounts such as Hasport items?

Comment

The noise is because the engine is being held firmer than before, it is completely normal. The vibration is also because of this. Like others have said, you will just have to get used to it.
            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
              Would this be because i had to undo the sway bar or becuase the subfram was removed?
              if subframe was removed then yes, if sways only then no.

Comment

never sat in a car with solid mounts so i dunno.

u'll very soon get used to the noise and the vibration is only there when your car idles. i was shocked too after i got mine in but now i'm used to it.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the vibrations etc....that you are feeling will not settle. It is what it is, that's the whole point of 'stiffening' the mounts.

If it were solid, the car would feel like a train........the hasports and innovative one are not solid, but are stiffer than the inserts.

Comment

After 3 and a half years, my energy inserts behave as new, and have not softened up. ie: dash jumps half a cm on start up, and when air con is on you get a really nice massage.

Replacement stiffer mounts are even more hektic.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, I think ive started getting used to them already (only my 2nd major drive of the car so far) i was expecting vibration but not as much as what i got, it seemed to be alot less this morning which is good.

I also have a engine torque dampner (spoon) which i havent fitted up yet, will this make more or less vibration if fitted.

Comment

with the inserts, i'd think the damper would be bling only lol. i can't see how it'll reduce vibration. the best will be no effect and the worst will just be more vibration.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                          with the inserts, i'd think the damper would be bling only lol. i can't see how it'll reduce vibration. the best will be no effect and the worst will just be more vibration.
                          Hmmmm, Noted, i suppose it would look pretty cool.

Anyways, i didnt have my camera with me while i was replacing the clutch yesterday (would have like to do a write up as its pretty complex if you havent done it before) but i managed to install the Beaks rear tie bar and take some photos of the clutch itself.

Note: i was having problems engaging & disengaging from gear, could find anything wrong with the master or slave & wasnt much noise comming from the clutch itself.

I was dissapointed when i removed the gearbox only to find the pressure plate in good condition (especially after 4 hours or R&R), i thought right then & there that this had been a waste of time as the problem had to be within the master/slave/pedal assembly.

To My suprise when I removed the clutch from the fly a few metal bits & pieces fell out onto the ground, Interesting. This is what i found.

Comment

wow, fuck that! lol
                            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                              After 3 and a half years, my energy inserts behave as new, and have not softened up. ie: dash jumps half a cm on start up, and when air con is on you get a really nice massage.

Replacement stiffer mounts are even more hektic.
                              ow lawdy
                              k20A DC2R

Comment

Working...
                              X