Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omgzilla View Post
    Any news Tony?
    need to go back on friday, apparently a few different codes came up & he needed more time with the car, i need the car for during the week so im gonna drop it back round tommorow so they can have all day with it.

Comment

update?
      Blaze Orange

Comment

My Mechanic cleared the fault & couldnt remeber what code came up, he droped the car round to my house & was in a rush to leave as he had another client waiting outside to pick him up. annoying thing is it came up again last night........... which is when My clutch went Spazzo on me, It wont engage when pedle is depressed into any gear, when i turn the car of and start it in gear with the pedal down the car still creeps forward on idle. Spoke to a few people and it looks like im going to have to replace the clutch cause it seems the pressure plate may have exploded/broken.

Spoke to Yonas @ JDM Yard and im gonna order a Ogura HD clutch with a light weight fly wheel & try find the time to fit it all up. really wanted to do an LSD aswell but dont have that sort of cash right now, its a shame cause the Box is out of the car & all.

Wanted to get opinions on gear oil, anyone reccomend any particular type/brand or should i just stick with the OEM stuff??

Stuck driving my mums 4wd for the next few days (Like a BOSS) which is shit cause i hate 4wd's but i look pretty pimp driving a merc around so Meh!

Comment

Unlucky Tony!

I'd be using OEM stuff, unless you end up doing the LSD.

Let us know how you go though.

Comment

Anyway,

Car update-

The thing was stuck in gear, couldnt shift for the life of me, clutch wasnt releasing properly at all & just being a real pain.

managed to get the car back to my mechanic who didnt think the clutch/pressure plate was the problem, i left it with him for the day & he reckons that he bled the slave cylinder & replaced all the clutch fluid.

Funnily enough this cleared the check engine light without using any scanners or even resetting the ECU.

Now the car still shifts fine although 2nd gear is very notchy & it hard to get it into 5th also.

I think im still going to have to replace the clutch because i get the feeling that its not operating 100%, this will also enable me to replace the shifter link bushes with the stiffer metal ones that i bought ages ago.

Looks like im just going to go with an Exedy H/D kit as after doing some digging & realising that im not to keen to pay out $2,000+ for a clutch & mounts right before christmas & my rego is due this month also!

Will keep more posted.

Comment

I wish I knew the answer to your problem but I don't.

Did I just troll?

Comment

Originally posted by FN2 View Post
                Did I just troll?
                no.
                ... retired/

Comment

Strange.

I just started to get a squeak in my clutch slave cylinder/release fork/pivot assembly

Not a massive fan of the DC5 box/clutch lately...

Comment

Strange.

I just started to get a squeak in my clutch slave cylinder/release fork/pivot assembly

join the club man all bad things happen at same time...my story is i blew my clutch...so i put new one in ...changed clutch slave cyl to realise my clutch master is leaking also...yay....and now my gearbox is really hard to get into gears on decel...so syncros are gone..so i gotta pull box down....so im feelin ya pain man...

Comment

Strange.

Yeh my clutch pedal assembly has been squeeky at times in the past, tried spraying some inox/wd40 but do do anything, im now wondering if this has anything to do with my problems???

Comment

The CL9 I'm driving at the moment has the same squeaky clutch pedal. I haven't bothered investigating yet b

Comment

i had the squeaky pedal as well.

sprayed wd40 and its gone now.
                          Blaze Orange

Comment

i too had a squeaky clutch pedal.... must be common then maybe?
                            k20A DC2R

Comment

id say they just get dry.... mines a bit squeeky when its wet weather but its fine otherwise

Comment

thats funny... lol! 5 ppl in a row with pesky squeeks.

i had a pet squeek for a while too... found it hiding in the slave cylinder...
                                just sprayed some inox in that rubber boot, and the squeek died.
                                poor squeek.

Comment

Working...
                                X