Very Weird car problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Weird car problem

On Friday Afternoon I drove home from work at around 5:00pm, jumped into the S & everything seemed Normal, arrived home after about 15 mins of driving & parked car in the driveway.

Jumped back into the car at around 7:00pm & had alot of trouble getting the car into Gear, specifically 1-2-3, Reverse gear,4th,5th & 6th all seemed noraml enough, the thing was that it would shift into gear but showed alot of resitance, i started thinking that maybe my clutch is goneskies and wont engage properly but low & behold after about 20 mins of driving like this everything goes back to normal, shifter glides into place like butter, like it normally does.

I park up & leave the car sitting for about 2 1/2 hours & then go for a drive for about an hour afterwards. Whilst im in the M5 Tunnel the engine management light comes on? I get to a set of lights at the exit, turn the car off & then turn it back on & its still there.

I drove back home and have tried to avoide driving unless i absoloutely have to. am planning to get to a Workshop with appropriate diagnostic equipment to see whats up.

My question is do these 2 incidents seem related in any way?? My initial assumption is that it may be the Oxygen sensor as i recently had the headers Replaced & maybe it just co-incidence.

The thing is the car drives exactly the same, V-tech still engages, Temp Guage is still in the rite spot, idle sounds fine, no missfiring???

has anyone had this problem before, is the gearbox/clutch/master cylinder/shifter problem associated with the engine management light??

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah there is every possibility it could be related. When you were trying to put the car in gear, it's possible the transmission range switch got messed up. Which means now it's giving the wrong gear, to the ecu, to the one your in, hence the code.

It's more than likely to be the headers, read the code, you'll know the answer. if it's the transmission, you'll be pulling a p1706.

Comment

Originally posted by typeS View Post
      Yeah there is every possibility it could be related. When you were trying to put the car in gear, it's possible the transmission range switch got messed up. Which means now it's giving the wrong gear, to the ecu, to the one your in, hence the code.

It's more than likely to be the headers, read the code, you'll know the answer. if it's the transmission, you'll be pulling a p1706.
      Sweet, Thanks for that, Will post up what code it pulls, Somethig is telling me its the headers but i cant disregard what happened with the shifter eaither.

Comment

damn sucks to hear
        Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
          damn sucks to hear
          So random how it happened.

Comment

Check if there is any bolts missing (especially from your intake). It might have jammed the shifter cables. After you drove around it could have fallen out and your problem was gone.
            Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
            sigpic
            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
              Check if there is any bolts missing (especially from your intake). It might have jammed the shifter cables. After you drove around it could have fallen out and your problem was gone.
              Did that happen to you Daz???

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                Did that happen to you Daz???
                Nope, happened to someone else I know.
                Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                sigpic
                itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

yep, check where your shifter cables meet your gearbox.

if you have done any intake mods my bet is that something is jamming the shifter cables.

or something has fallen in there and is preventing your shifter cables from doing their job properly. By the sounds of it, it is rubbery...and elastic...like part of an intake pipe.

this could possibly also have something to do with the code.

its obviously not too serious because your ECU is not in limp mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
                    The thing is the car drives exactly the same, V-tech still engages.
                    No need to worry bout it then.
                    Blaze Orange

Comment

Thanks guys, booked in to have the car checked out today, Couldnt see anything interfearing with the shifter cables but i only had a brief look at it whilst the sun was going down.

will post up results

Comment

good luck - it sounds v.weird 2.0
                        ... retired/

Comment

Any news Tony?

Comment

i've been having the same problem with my gears sticking some of the time and not at other times. Where do i find the shifter cables on a DC2R?

Comment

Originally posted by marko View Post
                              i've been having the same problem with my gears sticking some of the time and not at other times. Where do i find the shifter cables on a DC2R?
                              dc2 doesnt have shifter cables... but rather shifter rods.

Comment

Working...
                              X