Interesting read on HID's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
    About $450 or so.. Xenon Depot phillips 4300k.. There was a big group buy a few years back.
    Damn I spent that much retrofitting in S2K HID's into my stock housings.

Freakygeek can vouch for how damn bright they are.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

i get high beamed occasionally in my S2K... its OEM :S
      "Success is 99% Failure"
      Soichiro Honda.
      sigpic

Comment

S2k is reputed to have the best Projector out there for low beam light after the massive LS430 projectors.

S2k is one of the sharpest, widest beams out there. They have to be aimed incredibly precisly.
        /Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Kaveh's S2k's are definitely cool.

I used to do more night time highway driving, so the Highbeam advantage the X5 bixenon's have suited me very well..
          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
            Kaveh's S2k's are definitely cool.

I used to do more night time highway driving, so the Highbeam advantage the X5 bixenon's have suited me very well..
            Yeap your right, I think you need to take high beam into consideration if you use them a lot.

Mine are pretty much useless.
            /Oo ___H___ oO\
            |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
              Yep, HID PnP kits are generally shite, and most often dangerous for other road users. And many kits that use ridiculous colour temperatures (ie. > 6000k) actually provide the driver with LESS usable light on the road.

Only headlights that are designed for HID will provide the light spread required to make HID a safe and worthwhile option... Hence why I retrofitted BMW X5 BiXenon projectors into my DC2R.

hi mate,

Where did you source the headlights / projectors from and how much ??

Thanks!!

Comment

hidplanet is popular

Comment

When I drive at night, I look at my reflection, and think i'm driving a JGTC race car. It's pretty sick ey...

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

one of my HID bulbs SNAPPED the other day after buyin a set and only using it for 3 days... thought it was coz of stiff coilovers but the other side is fine...? bit upset to be honest i plan on taking it back since i was told they had warranty

Comment

Working...
                    X